incorrect password with POP mail account

Anonymous
2012-03-22T16:00:47+00:00

Question Summary

Unable to send Email

Please provide your impacted Email address :

___@___.___

Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?

Version 2011 (15.4.3555.0308)

Did you receive an error code or message?

Yes

Please enter the error code or message you received

ID:0x800CCCOF

Additional Details

When I try to send or recieve email with my ___@___.___ email account I get message saying:  Unable to send or recieve messages for the SWBell account.  Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

Server:  inbound.att.net

Windows Live Mail Error ID:  0x800CCC0F

Prtotocol:  POP3

Port:  995

Secure (SSL): Yes

I have used this account in Windows live for two years with no problem, but it recently started acting up.  I know that the settings are correct.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-23T15:55:46+00:00

Several weeks ago, I entered this conversation regarding "invalid password" error using WLM and ATT/Yahoo Mail on the Internet.  ATT seems to have admitted there might be a problem, but I never saw anything to confirm that, or a fix from ATT/Yahoo.

The advice given in the thread then was that my new iPhone was causing the problem, due to the setting "push" being "on" and whenever the iPhone is awake, it keeps logging into my ATT/Yahoo mail account.  Since POP servers do not like 2 simultaneous users for one account, my PC got the error.  I leave my iPhone on all the time, on its charger.

Well, I'm here to report that all I did was turn off "push" on the iPhone, and the problem has totally vanished!  All I have to do now is "refresh" on the iPhone and my emails pop up.

Thanks to iFiredog and Mike Distefano who offered that advice and information! 

Thanks again!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-06-13T21:57:57+00:00

Did you read thearticle at the AT&T help site? What happened after you contacted them?


Noel

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-25T16:55:00+00:00

    I have turned off security programs and anti-virus and it still will not work.

    I tested Windows Live Mail by setting up another account I have with SWbell (******@swbell.net) and used the identical settings I am trying to use with the bad email account ( ******@swbell.net) and the ******@swbell.net account works fine. 

    That would indicate to me that the password I am using for my ******@swbell.net account may be wrong, but that is not correct because I can go to Yahoo mail webpage and enter the same password and it works fine.  Same thing on my ipad and iphone. 

    What can I try now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-25T18:38:24+00:00

    Neil,

    Just thought I would let you know that my Windows Live Mail appears to be working now with the email address that would not work. 

    I had told you how I know the password was correct because when I type in the password in both Yahoo mail, my ipad, my iphone they all work.

    But, just for the heck of it, I went to AT&T website and reset my password to a different password and then put that in Windows Live, and now it works.  At least for now it is working.  I have no idea what was going on.  Sorry to have been a pain, but I do appreciate the time you took to try to help me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-25T18:39:23+00:00

    Ken,

    Just thought I would let you know that my Windows Live Mail appears to be working now with the email address that would not work.

    I had told you how I know the password was correct because when I type in the password in both Yahoo mail, my ipad, my iphone they all work.

    But, just for the heck of it, I went to AT&T website and reset my password to a different password and then put that in Windows Live, and now it works. At least for now it is working. I have no idea what was going on. Sorry to have been a pain, but I do appreciate the time you took to try to help me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments