incorrect password with POP mail account

Anonymous
2012-03-22T16:00:47+00:00

Question Summary

Unable to send Email

Please provide your impacted Email address :

___@___.___

Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?

Version 2011 (15.4.3555.0308)

Did you receive an error code or message?

Yes

Please enter the error code or message you received

ID:0x800CCCOF

Additional Details

When I try to send or recieve email with my ___@___.___ email account I get message saying:  Unable to send or recieve messages for the SWBell account.  Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

Server:  inbound.att.net

Windows Live Mail Error ID:  0x800CCC0F

Prtotocol:  POP3

Port:  995

Secure (SSL): Yes

I have used this account in Windows live for two years with no problem, but it recently started acting up.  I know that the settings are correct.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-23T15:55:46+00:00

Several weeks ago, I entered this conversation regarding "invalid password" error using WLM and ATT/Yahoo Mail on the Internet.  ATT seems to have admitted there might be a problem, but I never saw anything to confirm that, or a fix from ATT/Yahoo.

The advice given in the thread then was that my new iPhone was causing the problem, due to the setting "push" being "on" and whenever the iPhone is awake, it keeps logging into my ATT/Yahoo mail account.  Since POP servers do not like 2 simultaneous users for one account, my PC got the error.  I leave my iPhone on all the time, on its charger.

Well, I'm here to report that all I did was turn off "push" on the iPhone, and the problem has totally vanished!  All I have to do now is "refresh" on the iPhone and my emails pop up.

Thanks to iFiredog and Mike Distefano who offered that advice and information! 

Thanks again!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-06-13T21:57:57+00:00

Did you read thearticle at the AT&T help site? What happened after you contacted them?


Noel

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-15T16:41:32+00:00

    Answer: nobody knows. See this article (which applies to all Yahoo accounts, including those ISP accounts 'powered by Yahoo', like AT&T and BT): POP Authentication Failures

    Until they get it sorted out (and it's been going on for a couple of months now), you'll either have to continue using your cumbersome workaround or use webmail exclusively to access the account.


    Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-15T14:08:37+00:00

    I am using Windows Live mail with Windows 7.  I keep getting a Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800CCC0F saying my password (when trying to get mail from another email account) is incorrect.  I know it is correct.  I have found that if I open an ATT/Yahoo mail program and log off my email account and then log back in and then open Windows Live mail it will work.  However if I close Windows Live and try to open it again, it keeps saying incorrect password and I end up having to do the same log out, log in routine to get it to work.  Why is it doing this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-04T14:16:16+00:00

    Well I am happy to report that the problem has been solved.  Apparently my Anti Virus program

    (Eset NOD32) was preventing my POP from working.  I tweaked the POP settings in the program and now it is working. 

    Thanks to your help, I was able to pinpoint my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments