incorrect password with POP mail account

Anonymous
2012-03-22T16:00:47+00:00

Question Summary

Unable to send Email

Please provide your impacted Email address :

___@___.___

Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?

Version 2011 (15.4.3555.0308)

Did you receive an error code or message?

Yes

Please enter the error code or message you received

ID:0x800CCCOF

Additional Details

When I try to send or recieve email with my ___@___.___ email account I get message saying:  Unable to send or recieve messages for the SWBell account.  Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

Server:  inbound.att.net

Windows Live Mail Error ID:  0x800CCC0F

Prtotocol:  POP3

Port:  995

Secure (SSL): Yes

I have used this account in Windows live for two years with no problem, but it recently started acting up.  I know that the settings are correct.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-23T15:55:46+00:00

Several weeks ago, I entered this conversation regarding "invalid password" error using WLM and ATT/Yahoo Mail on the Internet.  ATT seems to have admitted there might be a problem, but I never saw anything to confirm that, or a fix from ATT/Yahoo.

The advice given in the thread then was that my new iPhone was causing the problem, due to the setting "push" being "on" and whenever the iPhone is awake, it keeps logging into my ATT/Yahoo mail account.  Since POP servers do not like 2 simultaneous users for one account, my PC got the error.  I leave my iPhone on all the time, on its charger.

Well, I'm here to report that all I did was turn off "push" on the iPhone, and the problem has totally vanished!  All I have to do now is "refresh" on the iPhone and my emails pop up.

Thanks to iFiredog and Mike Distefano who offered that advice and information! 

Thanks again!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-06-13T21:57:57+00:00

Did you read thearticle at the AT&T help site? What happened after you contacted them?


Noel

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-16T17:48:51+00:00

    Attention AT&T customers.  AT&T support site has acknowledged an intermittent problem with password/login issues.  Follow this link to read what they have to say. 

    http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB412563#fbid=R2LvnTV3bEP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-16T09:34:41+00:00

    I now see that you have started three different threads about this problem. As you can see, this involves duplication of effort by those trying to help and confuses everyone concerned. I've merged your three threads into one; please stick to this one from now on.

    Since your original question clearly hasn't been satisfactorily answered, I've removed the Answer marking in order not to mislead others finding this thread into thinking that a solution has been found.

    You have twice reported that the problem is solved, the first time by subscribing to Yahoo Plus. This should not be necessary for those users whose Yahoo account is made available by an ISP: you are already paying for POP3 access to the account via your ISP subscription. The second time, you claimed that it had been solved by adjusting the settings in your security software. This was apparently a short-term remedy.

    As I indicated in my previous reply, this is an ongoing problem affecting large numbers of users around the world, not just AT&T customers. Many providers seem to be affected, and the factors causing these problems probably include recent changes within the client code, changes to the way Windows handles SSL and recent changes to server software. It may be some time before it's completely resolved, so all you can do is arm yourself with patience and use webmail when the client fails.


    Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more