incorrect password with POP mail account

Anonymous
2012-03-22T16:00:47+00:00

Question Summary

Unable to send Email

Please provide your impacted Email address :

___@___.___

Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?

Version 2011 (15.4.3555.0308)

Did you receive an error code or message?

Yes

Please enter the error code or message you received

ID:0x800CCCOF

Additional Details

When I try to send or recieve email with my ___@___.___ email account I get message saying:  Unable to send or recieve messages for the SWBell account.  Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

Server:  inbound.att.net

Windows Live Mail Error ID:  0x800CCC0F

Prtotocol:  POP3

Port:  995

Secure (SSL): Yes

I have used this account in Windows live for two years with no problem, but it recently started acting up.  I know that the settings are correct.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-23T15:55:46+00:00

Several weeks ago, I entered this conversation regarding "invalid password" error using WLM and ATT/Yahoo Mail on the Internet.  ATT seems to have admitted there might be a problem, but I never saw anything to confirm that, or a fix from ATT/Yahoo.

The advice given in the thread then was that my new iPhone was causing the problem, due to the setting "push" being "on" and whenever the iPhone is awake, it keeps logging into my ATT/Yahoo mail account.  Since POP servers do not like 2 simultaneous users for one account, my PC got the error.  I leave my iPhone on all the time, on its charger.

Well, I'm here to report that all I did was turn off "push" on the iPhone, and the problem has totally vanished!  All I have to do now is "refresh" on the iPhone and my emails pop up.

Thanks to iFiredog and Mike Distefano who offered that advice and information! 

Thanks again!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-06-13T21:57:57+00:00

Did you read thearticle at the AT&T help site? What happened after you contacted them?


Noel

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-06-29T21:42:31+00:00

    I played with e mail accounts for hours today.  my wife's att, gmail, and comcast all requested the "password".   I deleted them and installed them on my side of the computer and still had the password msg.    I reinstalled her gmail on her side and went to the gmail sign in and set up screen and reconfirmed her password and now it works.    the att and comcast still have a problem and won't send.  they get hung up on the password.

    in researching this on google, this has been going on for "YEARS"  within the Microsoft e mail programs, outlook, MLM, etc.   It does not appear it is the e mail clients fault, as almost alwasy you can sign in from the web.

    Sure wish MS would fix this....it is very annoying.

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-06-26T16:26:30+00:00

    It's been days and days since my WLM/ATT/Yahoo email has been working.  Not a bobble.  I saw someone else saying they have the problem on one PC and not another.  Same here.  The only thing I can suggest to them, myself, is to make absolutely certain you have the newest software (patches) running for all of Windows 7, Live Mail, and ATT/Yahoo. 

    BECAUSE, SOMEBODY FIXED SOMETHING!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-06-26T04:37:30+00:00

    I'm having the trouble with my wifes account on ATT the password thing, but my side on ATT sems to work OK......

    I have talked to ATT to no avail and they do not support the windows 7 live mail format on the phone.

    I just changed to ATT from comacst and now I'm sorry I did if this isn't going to get fixed any time soon....

    Anyone got any good news on this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments