incorrect password with POP mail account

Anonymous
2012-03-22T16:00:47+00:00

Question Summary

Unable to send Email

Please provide your impacted Email address :

___@___.___

Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?

Version 2011 (15.4.3555.0308)

Did you receive an error code or message?

Yes

Please enter the error code or message you received

ID:0x800CCCOF

Additional Details

When I try to send or recieve email with my ___@___.___ email account I get message saying:  Unable to send or recieve messages for the SWBell account.  Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

Server:  inbound.att.net

Windows Live Mail Error ID:  0x800CCC0F

Prtotocol:  POP3

Port:  995

Secure (SSL): Yes

I have used this account in Windows live for two years with no problem, but it recently started acting up.  I know that the settings are correct.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-23T15:55:46+00:00

Several weeks ago, I entered this conversation regarding "invalid password" error using WLM and ATT/Yahoo Mail on the Internet.  ATT seems to have admitted there might be a problem, but I never saw anything to confirm that, or a fix from ATT/Yahoo.

The advice given in the thread then was that my new iPhone was causing the problem, due to the setting "push" being "on" and whenever the iPhone is awake, it keeps logging into my ATT/Yahoo mail account.  Since POP servers do not like 2 simultaneous users for one account, my PC got the error.  I leave my iPhone on all the time, on its charger.

Well, I'm here to report that all I did was turn off "push" on the iPhone, and the problem has totally vanished!  All I have to do now is "refresh" on the iPhone and my emails pop up.

Thanks to iFiredog and Mike Distefano who offered that advice and information! 

Thanks again!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-06-13T21:57:57+00:00

Did you read thearticle at the AT&T help site? What happened after you contacted them?


Noel

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T22:31:15+00:00

    Hi troupoc,

    Before we can escalate this issue please verify if the issue occurs when turning off security program or anti-virus.

    Thanks,

    Windows Live Neil S.

    Rate this moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T21:41:40+00:00

    Hi troupoc,

    There are two possible reason for the error message that you are getting:

    1. Incorrect POP settings (usually the SSL option for SMTP) – Please check with provider if it is required or not.
    2. Firewall blocking ports (usually port 25) – Please check your firewall settings

    Also, please reconfigure your account: 

    **How to backup and restore Windows Live Mail 2011** **How to configure/re-configure a non-Windows Live Hotmail account in Windows Live Mail**

    **Reconfigure your Windows Live Hotmail account in Windows Live Mail******

    Thanks,

    Windows Live Garry V.

    Rate this Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T16:52:20+00:00

    Hello troupoc,

    I'm sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. However, kindly provide as the log files for us to provide you a quick and a better resolution regarding this issue. Please follow the steps provided in the Solution Article below on how to do this:

    How to collect log files from Windows Live Mail Note: Please provide your log files in the private message area below for security reasons.

    Thanks,

    Windows Live Ken C.

    Rate this Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments