Can't login to microsoft account on minecraft: windows 10 edition

Anonymous
2020-01-08T15:56:21+00:00

I just got minecraft for windows 10 yesterday, and i try to log in to collect the items in my starter pack. Every time i click to log in though, there's an error message that pops up saying "Failed to login. We tried to sign you into your microsoft account, but something went wrong." and there's a "close" button at the bottom. I just want a way to sign in so that i can get my stuff. Also, would i be able to sign in with an account that didn't buy the game? Or is it mine now and i can sign in with whatever account? Thank you for your help :))

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-01T15:19:45+00:00

The best option is to install the xbox game companion app from the Microsoft store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-console-companion/9wzdncrfjbd8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab  

Also install the xbox games app: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10

This will give you visibility into any account problems, and are necessary for playing Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-25T22:45:47+00:00

    I want to clarify that I am not a professional or anything....I am not affiliated with Microsoft or any other company.  I just happened to have an issue, posted it, found the issue on google and repost on how I fixed it.  I have tried to help those along the way by doing the same thing for them.  So by doing a quick search "new minecraft ps4 account already linked to ps4", this is what I have found that may help you...

    This was found in a reddit that worked for someone...

    Basically all i did was use a pc/laptop to access my Microsoft account and change my password. Whilst on the PC/laptop, use the browser on there to enter the linking code. And all done! Problem all solved my end


    This was another one I found that worked for someone...

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/unlinking-microsoft-acc-from-ps4-minecraft-bedrock/d72dbbb0-30bd-47ef-826e-e0c179b56d61

    The following method worked for me and I was able to login with correct account. Login with the account already associated. Do not unlink Do not sign out Load the game  Press PS button Then go to settings  Go to storage 

    Click on Saved data

    It will warn you that Minecraft will be shut down 

    Press OK

    Select Minecraft 

    Select “Saved Data” file with cog

    Press delete 

    Do the same with second file “Saved data” both have a cog 

    Once deleted do not restart PS just return to mine craft and sign in using a new login and that’s it. it is recommended you backup your saved games. also note that any activity since logging in with previous account will be lost. "

    ‐----‐--------------------------------------

    This was also something I found...

    There is an issue with new Microsft accounts and need provisioning on the Microsoft end before it will be fully functional.  They take about a week to fully provision and be functional.  It might be worth trying to log into an older Microsoft account to see if you are able to log into it successfully.  If you are able to log in successfully then we know that the issue is with new accounts and may take about a week to work.  If you arent able to log in then maybe try some of the options above.

    You can also contact Playstation or Microsoft.  They might be able to help you.

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-26T16:34:21+00:00

    Nothing is working for me. Whenever I try to uninstall the game and reinstall it, it takes forever to sign in. I am not sure it ever signs in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-07T23:54:09+00:00

    Thanks a lot I'd tried so many other methods and yours was the only one that worked! The awesome thing was yours only took a few minutes and the other ones took a while and didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-11T11:43:14+00:00

    i try playing mincraft on pc but every time i sign in it will say something went wrong with microsoft so i restarted it and all my mincoins went away i had 1000 HELP and i pay for 10 editon yesterday

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments