Can't login to microsoft account on minecraft: windows 10 edition

Anonymous
2020-01-08T15:56:21+00:00

I just got minecraft for windows 10 yesterday, and i try to log in to collect the items in my starter pack. Every time i click to log in though, there's an error message that pops up saying "Failed to login. We tried to sign you into your microsoft account, but something went wrong." and there's a "close" button at the bottom. I just want a way to sign in so that i can get my stuff. Also, would i be able to sign in with an account that didn't buy the game? Or is it mine now and i can sign in with whatever account? Thank you for your help :))

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-01T15:19:45+00:00

The best option is to install the xbox game companion app from the Microsoft store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-console-companion/9wzdncrfjbd8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab  

Also install the xbox games app: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10

This will give you visibility into any account problems, and are necessary for playing Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-31T17:23:52+00:00

    Hey Nathan,

    I can't login to Xbox Companion App either to even go into settings.

    Please let me know what I can do,

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T01:37:15+00:00

    I had this same issue.  I tried going to the Windows + x and going to the powershell and typing in those commands.  That did not resolve the issue.  What resolved the issue for me, and I wish I knew this sooner, I went and downloaded Xbox Identity Provider fron the Microft website.  I was able to sign into my Microsoft account easily after download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments