Can't login to microsoft account on minecraft: windows 10 edition

Anonymous
2020-01-08T15:56:21+00:00

I just got minecraft for windows 10 yesterday, and i try to log in to collect the items in my starter pack. Every time i click to log in though, there's an error message that pops up saying "Failed to login. We tried to sign you into your microsoft account, but something went wrong." and there's a "close" button at the bottom. I just want a way to sign in so that i can get my stuff. Also, would i be able to sign in with an account that didn't buy the game? Or is it mine now and i can sign in with whatever account? Thank you for your help :))

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-01T15:19:45+00:00

The best option is to install the xbox game companion app from the Microsoft store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-console-companion/9wzdncrfjbd8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab  

Also install the xbox games app: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10

This will give you visibility into any account problems, and are necessary for playing Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-28T07:40:53+00:00

    What message or error are you getting when you try to sign into the Xbox console companion?

    I don't know about anyone else, but when I try to open Xbox Console Companion, it always gives me:  "We can't sign you in right now. Try again later. (0x409) 0x80080300." Same result when I click the Sign In button. And the result is immediate; it's as if it doesn't even try to log in anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-28T00:01:44+00:00

    What message or error are you getting when you try to sign into the Xbox console companion?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-27T23:02:34+00:00

    i tried this but its says it cannot sign me in at all in the xbox console companion

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-27T22:55:00+00:00

    I have the same problem and this is not working for me🙁 I really want to play with friends but it always says there is an error

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments