Can't login to microsoft account on minecraft: windows 10 edition

Anonymous
2020-01-08T15:56:21+00:00

I just got minecraft for windows 10 yesterday, and i try to log in to collect the items in my starter pack. Every time i click to log in though, there's an error message that pops up saying "Failed to login. We tried to sign you into your microsoft account, but something went wrong." and there's a "close" button at the bottom. I just want a way to sign in so that i can get my stuff. Also, would i be able to sign in with an account that didn't buy the game? Or is it mine now and i can sign in with whatever account? Thank you for your help :))

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-01T15:19:45+00:00

The best option is to install the xbox game companion app from the Microsoft store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-console-companion/9wzdncrfjbd8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab  

Also install the xbox games app: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10

This will give you visibility into any account problems, and are necessary for playing Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T03:03:43+00:00

    Tried literally everything in this thread - still the same issue. Sometimes I'll open Minecraft, and it knows I have a couple of texture packs and skins, sometimes not. My coins appear to be totally gone. Same log in issue every time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T05:43:04+00:00

    i followed all the steps but its still not working, it was fine before 1.16

    Same

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T02:46:11+00:00

    i followed all the steps but its still not working, it was fine before 1.16

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-26T06:07:27+00:00

    CaliJoe...Thank you so much!!! I've seriously spent many many hours trying to figure this out for my son. After tons of youtubes and reading suggestions, yours worked! I can't thank you enough!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments