Can't login to microsoft account on minecraft: windows 10 edition

Anonymous
2020-01-08T15:56:21+00:00

I just got minecraft for windows 10 yesterday, and i try to log in to collect the items in my starter pack. Every time i click to log in though, there's an error message that pops up saying "Failed to login. We tried to sign you into your microsoft account, but something went wrong." and there's a "close" button at the bottom. I just want a way to sign in so that i can get my stuff. Also, would i be able to sign in with an account that didn't buy the game? Or is it mine now and i can sign in with whatever account? Thank you for your help :))

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-01T15:19:45+00:00

The best option is to install the xbox game companion app from the Microsoft store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-console-companion/9wzdncrfjbd8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab  

Also install the xbox games app: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10

This will give you visibility into any account problems, and are necessary for playing Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-08T17:02:55+00:00

    Hi Trash-Fire,

    My name is Marc, thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community, I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    Try the following, these steps have helped other users with this same problem, I hope they work for you too.

    1.- Uninstall the game

    2.- Reset the Microsoft Store application

    Press the Windows key + I >> Settings >> Applications >> Microsoft Store >> Advanced options >> Reset

    3.- Restart the computer, then reinstall the game, and try the session again, if it does not work check the steps of the following link.

    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

    Let me know if you have something else that I can help you with, I'd be happy to help.

    Have a nice day

    Regards,

    Marc M.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments