Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

Anonymous
2019-10-12T12:24:49+00:00

On my laptop machine (but not on my desktop) I started getting BSOD failures in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389. Symptoms basically the same as those reported in

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrives-cldfltsys-causing-ntfssys-bsod/d2ef7f16-9e45-406f-95ca-6e595271e6d9?page=1

Uninstalling KB4517389 fixes the problem. Presumably, disabling cldflt.sys would do so, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-29T04:00:36+00:00

    I stopped seeing the problem after the update to 1909, but I see that Microsoft released a patch today that may address the problem for 1903 and 1909 users: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4530684/windows-10-update-kb4530684

    It seems to fix it for me. No issue since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-06T05:48:25+00:00

    Yes, I'm getting a ntl.sys kernal power failure, says in my research i have drivers that are not installed properly.,, I can only be on my desktop computer for 58:016+/- minutes. Then wahmo !! BSOD.., Says "Critical_process_ Died" i believe it definitely Microsoft update that does it. All started bout tim they sent ot Updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-26T16:59:32+00:00

    Suffering repeating bsod following the 1909 update, and the minidump files always reporting problems with file cldflt.sys.

    Eventually ran the software package 'who crashed' and this reported problems with an old driver file used in the software package 'iobit uninstaller' installed on my c drive some time previous and not updated.  Upgraded the old driver file from the iobit website and the bsod problem appears now to be resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-24T22:14:35+00:00

    Hi too have a similar issue, however for me it was always hall.dll. had a bit of a clean up (old software drivers etc) that didnt work.

    did a windows 10 install repair, and now i get this same error as here.

    My Blue screens usually only ever happen when i've just logged in.

    How can i see inside the dmp file, i've used bluescreen view. or am i missing something?

    thank you everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments