Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

Anonymous
2019-10-12T12:24:49+00:00

On my laptop machine (but not on my desktop) I started getting BSOD failures in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389. Symptoms basically the same as those reported in

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrives-cldfltsys-causing-ntfssys-bsod/d2ef7f16-9e45-406f-95ca-6e595271e6d9?page=1

Uninstalling KB4517389 fixes the problem. Presumably, disabling cldflt.sys would do so, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T13:03:44+00:00

    Same here

    DELL G3 Laptop

    Any new window update may cause some problems because drivers do not follow it regardless of laptop brand. I solved my BSOD and cldflt.sys error in the manner described in the post. I still most believe that the problem is with the outdated Nvidia driver, which I uninstalled and installed the latest version.         

    Thx, I have updated mines, cross fingers it helps ..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T02:09:16+00:00

    I stopped seeing the problem after the update to 1909, but I see that Microsoft released a patch today that may address the problem for 1903 and 1909 users: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4530684/windows-10-update-kb4530684

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-13T00:46:29+00:00

    Walter Farrell 

    The release note section of https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/help/4530684 for 1903 contais the following note:

    • Addresses an issue that might cause error 0x3B in cldflt.sys on some devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-20T22:17:17+00:00

    Walter Farrell 

    The release note section of https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/help/4530684 for 1903 contais the following note:

    • Addresses an issue that might cause error 0x3B in cldflt.sys on some devices.

    That Windows update solved my problem. Thanks!

    Ken

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-21T08:07:51+00:00

    KB4517389をアンインストールしていましたが、次の月にまた自動でインストールされてBSODになったので、システムリセットをしました。

    それで、とりあえず問題は解決しました。

    本来のあるべき解決方法ではないところが残念ですが・・・。

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments