Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

Anonymous
2019-10-12T12:24:49+00:00

On my laptop machine (but not on my desktop) I started getting BSOD failures in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389. Symptoms basically the same as those reported in

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrives-cldfltsys-causing-ntfssys-bsod/d2ef7f16-9e45-406f-95ca-6e595271e6d9?page=1

Uninstalling KB4517389 fixes the problem. Presumably, disabling cldflt.sys would do so, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-07T06:28:45+00:00

    It also happened to me at the moment I touched Viber.

    I use google translator because I don't understand English

    Laptop Asus GL503VD, I had BSOD twice with cldflt.sys error when updating Viber desktop, no tips in this forum helped me. I did a factory reset of the laptop. After reset in safe mode using DUDU v18.0.19 I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and installed the latest 441.20. Yesterday was the last Viber update and BSOD did not appear, I think I fixed the problem. I'll be happy if I helped someone, hello.

    The BSOD no longer appears.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-07T06:30:38+00:00

    I just had a bsod from it. Any info in a fix yet?

    I use google translator because I don't understand English

    Laptop Asus GL503VD, I had BSOD twice with cldflt.sys error when updating Viber desktop, no tips in this forum helped me. I did a factory reset of the laptop. After reset in safe mode using DUDU v18.0.19 I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and installed the latest 441.20. Yesterday was the last Viber update and BSOD did not appear, I think I fixed the problem. I'll be happy if I helped someone, hello.

    The BSOD no longer appears.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-07T06:31:20+00:00

    I just had a bsod from it. Any info in a fix yet?

    Did it repeat?

    I use google translator because I don't understand English

    Laptop Asus GL503VD, I had BSOD twice with cldflt.sys error when updating Viber desktop, no tips in this forum helped me. I did a factory reset of the laptop. After reset in safe mode using DUDU v18.0.19 I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and installed the latest 441.20. Yesterday was the last Viber update and BSOD did not appear, I think I fixed the problem. I'll be happy if I helped someone, hello.

    The BSOD no longer appears.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T10:43:47+00:00

    Same here

    DELL G3 Laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T12:46:21+00:00

    Same here

    DELL G3 Laptop

    Any new window update may cause some problems because drivers do not follow it regardless of laptop brand. I solved my BSOD and cldflt.sys error in the manner described in the post. I still most believe that the problem is with the outdated Nvidia driver, which I uninstalled and installed the latest version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments