Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

Anonymous
2019-10-12T12:24:49+00:00

On my laptop machine (but not on my desktop) I started getting BSOD failures in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389. Symptoms basically the same as those reported in

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrives-cldfltsys-causing-ntfssys-bsod/d2ef7f16-9e45-406f-95ca-6e595271e6d9?page=1

Uninstalling KB4517389 fixes the problem. Presumably, disabling cldflt.sys would do so, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-12T19:28:52+00:00

    Thanks, Saltgrass.

    The prior version of the file (installed last month) works fine. The version installed with KB4517389 fails for me on the one system (but works on the other). That file, from what I've read, is for cloud support, and specifically for OneDrive support, I think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-12T13:39:11+00:00

    Thanks, Vijay.

    Here's the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvgPdPZisZN3hx\_tlalT-vlQJqpE

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-12T13:27:01+00:00

    I am not seeing a problem but I don't know what the file is for.  I can say, the version I have appears to have been installed by KB4517211.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Vijay A. Verma 104.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2019-10-12T13:00:02+00:00

    Hi WalterFarrell

    Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. cldflt.sys is a Windows component, hence it is not the root cause. To identify root cause, I need to analyze minidumps generated by crashes with WinDBG. WinDBG is the only tool which can do end to end complete analysis of ..dmp files generated by BSOD (Blue screen of death).

    Go to C:\Windows\Minidump

    Zip the contents of the folder corresponding to date and time of your crashes.

    Upload the content to Onedrive or any other file sharing site for me to locate the problem.

    If you don't get minidump files in above folder, you will need to enable minidump generation. If you need help to generate Minidump - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    HOW TO UPLOAD TO ONEDRIVE

    1. Login to https://onedrive.live.com/ utilizing the same Login ID and Password which you have used on this forum. (or use the installed Onedrive on your computer)
    2. Click Upload in the top OR drag and drop the file here.
    3. After uploading, right click the file and choose share.
    4. Click Copy Link.
    5. Copy the link and paste the link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments