Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

Anonymous
2019-10-12T12:24:49+00:00

On my laptop machine (but not on my desktop) I started getting BSOD failures in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389. Symptoms basically the same as those reported in

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrives-cldfltsys-causing-ntfssys-bsod/d2ef7f16-9e45-406f-95ca-6e595271e6d9?page=1

Uninstalling KB4517389 fixes the problem. Presumably, disabling cldflt.sys would do so, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-27T07:10:34+00:00

    Every time I am creating a new Visual Studio asp.net core project, I am getting a BSOD of cldflt.sys. The only way to make it work is to execute in CMD

    sc close cldflt.sys.

    But then, OneDrive has problems. It's so obvious that this driver is broken by OneDrive. 

    Fix it MS !!!!! For God's Sake !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-17T15:32:02+00:00

    Also had a crash with Windows 10 1909 installed.  I have a minidump, if you know how to read these and would like to help debug it, please PM me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-09T02:06:32+00:00

    Seeing the same behaviour, very annoying.

    This has clearly something to do with OneDrive (Auto saving I assume).

    Please fix this asap.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-08T03:16:25+00:00

    How do you uninstall KB4517389?

    yes

    I uninstall KB4517389

    blue crash was gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-12T13:27:01+00:00

    I am not seeing a problem but I don't know what the file is for.  I can say, the version I have appears to have been installed by KB4517211.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments