Is there a way I can know when V. 1909 would be available?
Win 7 preinstalled with download rights: still Free upgrade to Win 10?
Hi, I bought a laptop a few years ago with:
Window® 7 Professional 64 preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit or Windows 10 Pro 64
Can I still upgrade to win 10 for Free?
Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2019-11-08T16:31:13+00:00 -
Greg Carmack 24,785 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2019-11-07T23:05:53+00:00 With a fast processor less than an hour.
If you follow all the steps in tutorial it can take a few hours, but you can also spread it over several days, like doing the Setup after install later to take a break and while you get all Windows Updates downloaded in the background. But there shouldn't be many if you use the latest media, especially if you wait a few days for Version 1909 to be loaded into Media Creation tool.
-
Anonymous
2019-11-07T22:52:10+00:00 Yes, I did read it, it's just that I had to deviate from it by going into the BIOS first, so I wasn't sure what to do after exiting the BIOS...but now I see that I still have to press F12 (on my pc) after leaving the BIOS, Thanks.
BTW, how long does this process take?
-
Greg Carmack 24,785 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2019-11-07T22:03:55+00:00 Yes, that is correct. I clearly state how to boot the media and illustrate it in the tutorial. You should be following the tutorial if you want to do a Clean Install with further support from me.
Make sure during the booted install to follow the illustrated steps to delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest, then click Next to let it auto-create the needed partitions, format them and begin install - this makes it foolproof.
-
Anonymous
2019-11-07T21:47:30+00:00 So I press F1 to go to setup and properly configure the BIOS with UEFI, then I exit BIOS and save changes, THEN do I immediately press F12 to go to the boot menu to make sure it boots from my install disk and not into Win 7? Or you're saying that it will automatically boot from my usb or dvd boot disk? Or must I change the boot order in the BIOS as well, to boot from (what)? Kindly explain...
Please see picture.