i noticed after setting thouse service to automatic, my computer now wakes up on its own at random, set network adapter not not let wake up windows , no go , changing services back, i create a shortcut to shared folder seemed to solve problem for me, missing from explorer still but the short cut opens, strange.
Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.
I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software.
Network adapter drivers are the latest.
I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue.
I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks.
Both Wifi and Ethernet are private newtorks and say that in the status.
I have 3 computers connected. All are windows 10.
On each PC I see the same 2.
On the PC that I cannot see on the network I can only see the other 2 and I cannot see myself.
Why am I not able to see myself on the network? If I solve that I will surely be able to be seen by the other 2 PC in the netwotk.
Thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-01-30T00:53:04+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-01-30T01:48:34+00:00 I think I can CAUSE the problem by running AdwCleaner with ALL options selected:
- Delete IFEO keys
- Delete tracing keys
- Delete Prefetch files
- Reset Proxy
- Reset Chrome policies
- Reset TCP/IP
- Reset Firewall
- Reset IPSec
- Reset BITS
- Reset IE policies
- Reset Winsock
- Reset Host files
I suppose I could take a working computer that can share and can see shares and can be seen, and then run AdwCleaner with ONE option selected at a time, reboot in between, and check to see if shares in and out still work, and then take note of the ONE option that kills shares.
Perhaps someone has insight?
Malwarebytes is responsible for the program now, and they ain't talking.
Thanks everyone for exploring this and sharing.
.
-
Anonymous
2021-05-18T08:36:35+00:00 Network RESET for me... (gladly was on a PC i don't have any VPN configured)
-
Anonymous
2021-05-18T10:05:11+00:00 What is "Network RESET"?
And what problem did you have that it resolved for you?
Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2021-05-18T13:05:08+00:00 It's an option on windows that RESETS all the network adapters and all the network settings.
My problema was exactly what as described... MY Computer did not show up on the network connections on EXPLORER (i could see the other computers on the network!)
It worked... BUT, after a new login, MY computer was gone again!
Still investigating this...