Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Anonymous
2019-10-19T17:48:04+00:00

I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software.

Network adapter drivers are the latest.

I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue.

I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks.

Both Wifi and Ethernet are private newtorks and say that in the status.

I have 3 computers connected.  All are windows 10. 

On each PC I see the same 2.

On the PC that I cannot see on the network I can only see the other 2 and I cannot see myself.

Why am I not able to see myself on the network?  If I solve that I will surely be able to be seen by the other 2 PC in the netwotk.  

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-14T22:24:23+00:00

    Hello!

    Same issue here. Did you find the solution?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-11T13:03:36+00:00

    OMDMFG please please please NEVER respond to any posts with boilerplate, it just sullies Microsoft support reputation, ruins any possible goodwill, and pisses people off so that they leave Microsoft support altogether and consider Linux.

    #1 Any computer that can SEE other computers are on the network, should be able to bee seen on that network, EVEN IF THEY DO NOT SHARE ANYTHING.

    #2 Sometimes typing \ipaddress, such as \192.168.1.36 into [ Microsoft Windows File Explorer ] address bar will show a computer that does not automatically show up when simply browsing [ Network ], so try \127.0.0.1 to see yourself, does it work? Yes? Then address the lack of automatically seeing. No? Then troubleshoot that.

    #3 Sharing anything has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEGIN SEEN.

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-21T12:17:59+00:00

    Thank You!

    This trick with typing "\ipaddress" was really useful and for now I can live with that :D thanks again for nice piece of information

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-21T12:33:41+00:00

    I don't know if this will solve it or not, if you haven't already, open the Control Panel>Programs and Features>Turn Windows Features On or Off and check the feature you see in the image below. You may need to reboot your PC for it to work if you have to turn it ON!

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-21T12:54:03+00:00

    This is not Windows 10.  ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments