Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Anonymous
2019-10-19T17:48:04+00:00

I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software.

Network adapter drivers are the latest.

I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue.

I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks.

Both Wifi and Ethernet are private newtorks and say that in the status.

I have 3 computers connected.  All are windows 10. 

On each PC I see the same 2.

On the PC that I cannot see on the network I can only see the other 2 and I cannot see myself.

Why am I not able to see myself on the network?  If I solve that I will surely be able to be seen by the other 2 PC in the netwotk.  

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-11T01:34:45+00:00

    I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software.

    Network adapter drivers are the latest.

    I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue.

    I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks.

    Both Wifi and Ethernet are private newtorks and say that in the status.

    I have 3 computers connected.  All are windows 10. 

    On each PC I see the same 2.

    On the PC that I cannot see on the network I can only see the other 2 and I cannot see myself.

    Why am I not able to see myself on the network?  If I solve that I will surely be able to be seen by the other 2 PC in the netwotk.  

    Thanks

    You have done everything correctly to see your own computer on the network.  I had the same problem following a Windows update in a simple home network with 3 PCs.  None of the suggestions in this thread helped.  What finally worked for me was network reset.  Settings->Network and Internet->Status->Network reset.  After the PC reboots, you will be prompted to turn on network discovery.  Now go to Network in the file explorer, and you should see all of the computers on the network, including your own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-08T01:12:46+00:00

    Thank you a million Mr Wiggins - you are a Gem!!!

    Your suggestion worked like a charm - many thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-07T21:47:11+00:00

    I think, he means "This Control Panel is not W10".

    How do you get it by the way?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-21T13:20:05+00:00

    In you initial post your said "I have 3 computers connected.  All are windows 10. "

    Are you saying you don't think the problem is with Windows 10? Do you have Home or Pro versions and are all three computers the same?

    Are they all in the same Workgroup?

    What do you have showing for Network, here is mine below, my two Laptops are not in use at this time.  Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

    You may have already done this, if not, open Settings>Network and Internet>Status>Change Connection Properties. See image below.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-21T12:54:03+00:00

    This is not Windows 10.  ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments