Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Anonymous
2019-10-19T17:48:04+00:00

I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software.

Network adapter drivers are the latest.

I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue.

I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks.

Both Wifi and Ethernet are private newtorks and say that in the status.

I have 3 computers connected.  All are windows 10. 

On each PC I see the same 2.

On the PC that I cannot see on the network I can only see the other 2 and I cannot see myself.

Why am I not able to see myself on the network?  If I solve that I will surely be able to be seen by the other 2 PC in the netwotk.  

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-25T15:44:54+00:00

    I am not here to teach computer basics, but ya , if you press the windows key, it opens the start menu, then type network reset and it should appear at the top , then click it . 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-24T07:15:26+00:00

    There is no "network reset" available at Windows 10 [ Start ] - do you mean in Cortana / search?

    I tried typing "network reset" into Cortana/search, and Windows responded ambiguously, showing items in a response window, but when I hit the [ Enter ] key after typing "network reset", a network reset option appeared on it's own, I clicked on that, it rebooted, then it asked if I wanted to see or be seen.

    But there was no change, I still cannot browse other computers that Windows 7 computers can see and browse, and I still cannot browse the Windows 10 computer from the Windows 7 computers, even though the Windows 7 computers can see and browse each other.

    Does Windows 10 home not allow network shares to actually work?

    I can set up network shares and I can see myself and my shares on the Windows 10 computer through network browsing in the File Explorer, but there's no network browsing of other computers, even if I can see another computer name.

    In the old control panel, I have told the Windows 10 computer to see and share and no passwords, for all networks.

    I tried uninstalling the network devices, rebooting, and trying again after plug-and-play reinstalled the hardware, no luck.

    USB drives at least allow me to create a sneaker-net.

    Microsoft Windows 10, no networking.

    No, I'm not upgrading Windows 7 on dozens of computers just to network one Windows 10 computer, I'll revert to Windows 7 and give up video acceleration. 

    Another nail in the coffin of Windows 10.

    .

    On Windows 10 you get to Network Reset with the Settings app.     You could begin with the Start Menu, but you would be looking for Settings there, not Network Reset.   As you would be aware, Settings is also available via the Manage Notifications icon , usually placed to the right of the date and time on the Status Bar.

    Open Settings, then go "Network and Internet"->"Status"->"Network reset".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-24T02:09:31+00:00

    There is no "network reset" available at Windows 10 [ Start ] - do you mean in Cortana / search?

    I tried typing "network reset" into Cortana/search, and Windows responded ambiguously, showing items in a response window, but when I hit the [ Enter ] key after typing "network reset", a network reset option appeared on it's own, I clicked on that, it rebooted, then it asked if I wanted to see or be seen.

    But there was no change, I still cannot browse other computers that Windows 7 computers can see and browse, and I still cannot browse the Windows 10 computer from the Windows 7 computers, even though the Windows 7 computers can see and browse each other.

    Does Windows 10 home not allow network shares to actually work?

    I can set up network shares and I can see myself and my shares on the Windows 10 computer through network browsing in the File Explorer, but there's no network browsing of other computers, even if I can see another computer name.

    In the old control panel, I have told the Windows 10 computer to see and share and no passwords, for all networks.

    I tried uninstalling the network devices, rebooting, and trying again after plug-and-play reinstalled the hardware, no luck.

    USB drives at least allow me to create a sneaker-net.

    Microsoft Windows 10, no networking.

    No, I'm not upgrading Windows 7 on dozens of computers just to network one Windows 10 computer, I'll revert to Windows 7 and give up video acceleration. 

    Another nail in the coffin of Windows 10.

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-23T22:29:53+00:00

    computers disappearing, if windows 10 , go to start and type network reset ,follow that on all pc's , reboot , you will get popup.

    saying do you want to find other pc's , click next, should all be visible again. 

    i have to do this from time to time, on my network, must be a 10 bug, i can see my other computer and copy to it , yet it cant see me , disappears 2 or 3 times a month, never happened on win 7, 10 might not like my old storage computer's integrated network card , i will try a newer lan card some day,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T05:30:02+00:00

    Network Reset worked for me!

    Thanks

    -Gregory

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments