Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Anonymous
2019-10-19T17:48:04+00:00

I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software.

Network adapter drivers are the latest.

I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue.

I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks.

Both Wifi and Ethernet are private newtorks and say that in the status.

I have 3 computers connected.  All are windows 10. 

On each PC I see the same 2.

On the PC that I cannot see on the network I can only see the other 2 and I cannot see myself.

Why am I not able to see myself on the network?  If I solve that I will surely be able to be seen by the other 2 PC in the netwotk.  

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T10:05:11+00:00

    What is "Network RESET"?

    And what problem did you have that it resolved for you?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T08:36:35+00:00

    Network RESET for me... (gladly was on a PC i don't have any VPN configured)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-30T01:48:34+00:00

    I think I can CAUSE the problem by running AdwCleaner with ALL options selected:

    • Delete IFEO keys
    • Delete tracing keys
    • Delete Prefetch files
    • Reset Proxy
    • Reset Chrome policies
    • Reset TCP/IP
    • Reset Firewall
    • Reset IPSec
    • Reset BITS
    • Reset IE policies
    • Reset Winsock
    • Reset Host files

    I suppose I could take a working computer that can share and can see shares and can be seen, and then run AdwCleaner with ONE option selected at a time, reboot in between, and check to see if shares in and out still work, and then take note of the ONE option that kills shares.

    Perhaps someone has insight?

    Malwarebytes is responsible for the program now, and they ain't talking.

    Thanks everyone for exploring this and sharing.

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-30T00:53:04+00:00

    i noticed after setting thouse service to automatic, my computer now wakes up on its own at random, set network adapter not not let wake up windows , no go , changing services back, i create a shortcut to shared folder seemed to solve problem for me, missing from explorer still but the short cut opens, strange.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-26T02:46:51+00:00

    Thank you Mr. NigelGilesQld

    I've had this issue on pcs in my Win 10 home network for some months now and following the advice in your post has absolutely fix it.

    You are amazing.  :)

    Thanks Nick, good to know. I am not an expert, but was happy to share when I stumbled across something that worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments