Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Anonymous
2019-10-19T17:48:04+00:00

I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software.

Network adapter drivers are the latest.

I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue.

I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks.

Both Wifi and Ethernet are private newtorks and say that in the status.

I have 3 computers connected.  All are windows 10. 

On each PC I see the same 2.

On the PC that I cannot see on the network I can only see the other 2 and I cannot see myself.

Why am I not able to see myself on the network?  If I solve that I will surely be able to be seen by the other 2 PC in the netwotk.  

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-19T20:16:58+00:00

    I checked out those articles.  Did what it said if it applied to me.  Same issue.  Still cannot see my own PC in network.  No one else can see the desktop either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-19T18:41:05+00:00

    The fixes are the same. They've broken networking in Windows 10 after removing HomeGroups, so there may be no solution. I gave you everything possible to get another device discovered:

    http://woshub.com/network-computers-not-showing...

    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/network-computer...

    https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11275...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-19T18:25:54+00:00

    I don't have problems sharing files.  I have problems seeing the PC on the network.

    I have no Windows 7 PCs.  

    Please read my post.  I tried to be as thorough as possible. 

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-19T18:15:54+00:00

    Hi John W. I'm Greg, an installation specialist, 10 year Windows MVP, and Volunteer Guardian Moderator here to help you.

    I'll give you everything possible to try for files sharing problems so at least something will work. If you need help performing any steps I am standing by here to help:

    See here for how to share files and printers over network after removal of HomeGroup in Version 1803:

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-share-files-...

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/111783-shar...

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-access-files...

    To troubleshoot sharing problems:

    https://www.lifewire.com/troubleshooting-window...

    https://windowsunplugged.blog/2018/03/27/networ...

    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/network-computer...

    https://superuser.com/questions/1202441/windows...

    If you cannot get past the password protected sharing prompt:

    https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/fix-enter-...

    https://www.speedguide.net/faq/windows-is-askin...

    https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61689...

    If Windows 7 is involved make sure if applicable you have the WIndows Update released to fix Windows 7 sharing issues here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft...

    Test if turning off Controlled Folder access helps: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/controlled-folde...

    See these additional resources for when a PC does not show up on network:

    http://woshub.com/network-computers-not-showing...

    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/network-computer...

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

    You may want to change to sharing via OneDrive: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3256907/m...

    If you want to express your opinion on this to Microsoft use the Feedback Hub app in Start Menu where developers are tasked to process consumer feedback. They will not even see it here. This is a tech forums staffed mostly by volunteers trying to help others with your problems.

    If you want to post back a Share link from your Feedback here others who see this thread can vote it up and add to it.

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments