how did he do it???!!!
Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family
I have setup Microsoft Family with my children added as child accounts.
My children can login to their accounts at family.microsoft.com and simply click the link "Leave family group" and they are removed from the group and from any screen time limits etc.
This seems like a serious issue as it negates the point of setting any restrictions if it is this easy to circumvent them.
Please advise if there are additional settings required to prevent children from removing themselves from the family group.
I've checked the DOB for each child and that is correct.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-03-16T03:51:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-03-16T03:49:50+00:00 YESSSSS FINALLY A WAY OUTTTTT do you get notified when this happens?
-
Anonymous
2021-03-12T12:52:18+00:00 It seems like that the child accounts have way more options once they are 13, as all trouble I have seen are for children over and not under 13.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-25T16:03:05+00:00 This is a completely fixable issue. To everyone wondering, just set the account you don't want to get removed to an age below 13, and Microsoft will automatically remove the "Leave Family Group" button
-
Anonymous
2021-02-19T14:11:58+00:00 I never saw that button before