Windows 10 Update error

Anonymous
2020-01-14T22:12:21+00:00

Windows10 update 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4528760)failed 3 times with this error:  

Last failed install attempt on ‎1/‎14/‎2020 - 0xc1900403  (also displayed download error, reason for 3 runs)

What can I do to get a successful update?  I am not very technical.............Ralph

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Kapil Arya 38,476 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2020-07-28T13:36:48+00:00

Hello,

Please run Windows Update troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot. See if it works.

If that doesn't work, try this:

Open administrative Command Prompt and type following commands one-by-one followed by Enter key.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

If issue still persists, we can install updates manually using this guide: https://www.kapilarya.com/manually-download-and-install-windows-updates-in-windows-10

If nothing helps, reset Windows Update components: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/windows-update-resources

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-18T18:01:53+00:00

    I'll be here to help, Ralph.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-18T16:58:46+00:00

    Hi Greg,

    My week-end is shot so I am not sure I can do anything until Monday.  I will construct my questions and get back to you before then if time permits.

    Again, thanks for all your help.............Ralph

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-18T04:00:24+00:00

    I first need to rest I can't remember anything right now, and I can't seem to find my notes.  After my rest and thinking on it for a few I will defiantly will reply with the answer, or answer I find and if it worked for me

    Thank you so much for your time and help!

    Sincerely,

     Jackie R

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-18T03:27:00+00:00

    It's always good to take a break when you get tired as it will only work against us in tech matters like these.

    The steps for Overcoming Upgrade Problems use the media to run the Upgrade via a more stable method. So that's why I was trying to help you get the correct media.

    Once you have a rest and then get a chance to review it,, jot down your questions and I'll clarify it more so you can have a plan of attack. I'll be here to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments