Apple BootCamp WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth driver both not working

Anonymous
2019-11-15T20:23:12+00:00

Hello guys!

A couple of days ago Microsoft pushed a new Driver Update for the WiFi over Windows Update under the name of "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0".

So after updating the driver and restarting the computer the WiFi is just no longer working! Connecting to the network takes a long time and when connected, it displays "No internet connection" or displays "Connected", but no website is working.

So I reverted back to the previous driver of 2018 with version of "7.35.118.83" and every thing is just working fine!

So I decided to delete the new update and update again directly from "Device Manager". The same issue occurs. Once reverted back, every thing turns out fine. Power options are deactivated.

For the bluetooth, the current and only installed driver is an official Microsoft Driver with version of "10.0.18362.449". But the problem with bluetooth and since the first day I installed Windows 10 through BootCamp is that the bluetooth is just not working! It sees bluetooth devices, but it will never connect. It hangs on "Connecting" and after waiting for more than 30 minutes nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even downloading Windows Support Drivers. Nothing helped. I reinstalled Windows. NOTHING helped.

Bluetooth is working just fine under macOS.

So any workaround?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-17T17:42:46+00:00

Hi, I had the same issue (very same issue) and your post helped me indirectly to fix it. After reading your post, I had look at the version and see it matched exactly what I had. I simply downgraded it to version 7.35.340.0 from https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Broadcom/Broadcom-802-11n-Network-Adapter-Driver-7-35-340-0-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml and hurray, it started working fine. Thanks.

[Moderator edit: Be careful with driver downloads that are not from the source manufacturer. Try this solution only if you cannot roll back the driver!]

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-18T17:24:32+00:00

I have Ubiquiti APs as well. Rolling back the driver to the previous version of 7.35.118.83 fixed it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-24T00:12:03+00:00

    Thanks for the post.

    Something to add:

    This issue is on more than just ubiquiti. They are not the issue. I am a technology  integrator. I was on job sites with multiple manufactures of networks Friday. Could not connect to any of them, only my hotspot worked. So I ended up remote managing the networks while on site. This was the only way to be able to complete my work. Mac side worked without issue. This was completely on the windows side. 

    This is the reason I use MAC for everything I can. Thankfully needing Windows less and less.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-24T04:07:42+00:00

    I have been bashing my head on my desk over this issue for weeks.  Thank you thank you thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-24T16:47:25+00:00

    So, for clarification, have Microsoft accepted that the driver "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0" currently being pushed on users through Windows Update is defective ? If so, what is the timeline for reverting back to the previous driver or, better yet, providing an updated driver which is not defective ?

    I have wasted many hours trying to fix this problem, after the automatic update of the driver through Windows Update left me with a wifi connection that at best could only manage sub 1Mbps speeds and mostly was unable to load any web pages at all - utterly unusable. I am attempting to connect to a Virgin Media Hub 3, so this is definitely not a problem just with Ubiquiti routers only.

    I have tried various different drivers from various sources, to replace the defective driver that was pushed, almost all of them leave the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter device unable to start (error code 10).

    Eventually, I was able to get a usable wifi connection short term, with a driver at level 7.35.118.64, following the instructions here - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250863937.

    However, instead of using my preferred 5Ghz signal, I have to use the 2.4Ghz signal - no connection can be made using the 5Ghz signal. Worse, the wifi connection speed also drops to (and remains at) 1Mbps speed after a period of time or following a wake from sleep. The "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" setting under Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Properties - Power Management is unchecked. The setting Power Options - Advanced settings - Wireless Adapter Settings - Power Saving Mode is set to Maximum Performance also. Sometimes, disabling and re-enabling the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter device will fix the problem, until the next time it occurs. Other times, I am forced to go through the instructions at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250863937 again. This is obviously unacceptable.

    It certainly looks like the testing of the 7.77.110.0 driver currently being pushed by Windows Update was lacking at best. Hopefully this unfortunate situation can be resolved swiftly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments