Apple BootCamp WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth driver both not working

Anonymous
2019-11-15T20:23:12+00:00

Hello guys!

A couple of days ago Microsoft pushed a new Driver Update for the WiFi over Windows Update under the name of "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0".

So after updating the driver and restarting the computer the WiFi is just no longer working! Connecting to the network takes a long time and when connected, it displays "No internet connection" or displays "Connected", but no website is working.

So I reverted back to the previous driver of 2018 with version of "7.35.118.83" and every thing is just working fine!

So I decided to delete the new update and update again directly from "Device Manager". The same issue occurs. Once reverted back, every thing turns out fine. Power options are deactivated.

For the bluetooth, the current and only installed driver is an official Microsoft Driver with version of "10.0.18362.449". But the problem with bluetooth and since the first day I installed Windows 10 through BootCamp is that the bluetooth is just not working! It sees bluetooth devices, but it will never connect. It hangs on "Connecting" and after waiting for more than 30 minutes nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even downloading Windows Support Drivers. Nothing helped. I reinstalled Windows. NOTHING helped.

Bluetooth is working just fine under macOS.

So any workaround?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-17T17:42:46+00:00

Hi, I had the same issue (very same issue) and your post helped me indirectly to fix it. After reading your post, I had look at the version and see it matched exactly what I had. I simply downgraded it to version 7.35.340.0 from https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Broadcom/Broadcom-802-11n-Network-Adapter-Driver-7-35-340-0-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml and hurray, it started working fine. Thanks.

[Moderator edit: Be careful with driver downloads that are not from the source manufacturer. Try this solution only if you cannot roll back the driver!]

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-18T17:24:32+00:00

I have Ubiquiti APs as well. Rolling back the driver to the previous version of 7.35.118.83 fixed it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-19T23:01:11+00:00

    Reply from Broadcom:

    "Unfortunately we don't offer direct support on those products. Broadcom supplies chipsets to equipment manufacturers and cannot provide comprehensive support for our customers' products and recommend you contact Apple for support."

    Apple next..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-19T23:24:47+00:00

    l also have the same issue. According to numerous articles, this issue was fixed long ago... but as soon as my PC auto-updated and installed the new Broadcom 7.77.110.0 driver last night, my network connection got severe issues. I was still connected to my router and I could connect to the internet but it was VERY slow. Connecting to a website easily took more than 2 minutes. I ran a speed test, and the download speeds were extremely bad while upload speeds were normal.

    EDIT: I am using Windows 10 1909 on a Macbook Pro early 2015 model with Bootcamp. Downgrading from the 7.77.110.0 (November 2019) driver to the default 7.35.118.40 (July 2015) driver restored functionality to normal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-21T14:53:51+00:00

    I think is more of a faulty driver installation. I fix it and this is what I did exactly. First of all, I downloaded my network driver and put it in Documents file just in case. I stopped Windows Update, uninstalled my network adapter, delete it, restart windows. Windows should automatically re install the previous version. Let it start. See if you have internet. You can stay like that but windows some time will automatically update. So you better restart windows again and then update windows. It worked for me. I just did it.

    To uninstall your network adapter:

    search box write :  run

    Copy and paste: devmgmt.msc

    Ok

    open Network Adaptors

    right click: Uninstall

    Put a mark at Delete the driver...

    Restart

    Continue with instructions 

    Hope I did help

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments