Apple BootCamp WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth driver both not working

Anonymous
2019-11-15T20:23:12+00:00

Hello guys!

A couple of days ago Microsoft pushed a new Driver Update for the WiFi over Windows Update under the name of "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0".

So after updating the driver and restarting the computer the WiFi is just no longer working! Connecting to the network takes a long time and when connected, it displays "No internet connection" or displays "Connected", but no website is working.

So I reverted back to the previous driver of 2018 with version of "7.35.118.83" and every thing is just working fine!

So I decided to delete the new update and update again directly from "Device Manager". The same issue occurs. Once reverted back, every thing turns out fine. Power options are deactivated.

For the bluetooth, the current and only installed driver is an official Microsoft Driver with version of "10.0.18362.449". But the problem with bluetooth and since the first day I installed Windows 10 through BootCamp is that the bluetooth is just not working! It sees bluetooth devices, but it will never connect. It hangs on "Connecting" and after waiting for more than 30 minutes nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even downloading Windows Support Drivers. Nothing helped. I reinstalled Windows. NOTHING helped.

Bluetooth is working just fine under macOS.

So any workaround?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-17T17:42:46+00:00

Hi, I had the same issue (very same issue) and your post helped me indirectly to fix it. After reading your post, I had look at the version and see it matched exactly what I had. I simply downgraded it to version 7.35.340.0 from https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Broadcom/Broadcom-802-11n-Network-Adapter-Driver-7-35-340-0-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml and hurray, it started working fine. Thanks.

[Moderator edit: Be careful with driver downloads that are not from the source manufacturer. Try this solution only if you cannot roll back the driver!]

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-18T17:24:32+00:00

I have Ubiquiti APs as well. Rolling back the driver to the previous version of 7.35.118.83 fixed it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-06T20:55:16+00:00

    Microsoft has undertaken a part of responsibility of providing driver support through their update channel, as announced once in a keynote, in order to improve reliability and security, pushing a new way of driver certification process.

    That's why contacting the vendor, as you mentioned, either Broadcom or Apple, returns with a negative answer, that Microsoft is the one eligible for driver support and hence the vendor to contact when problems occur. Vendors are directly responsible for their faulty drivers or softwares, when they provide them directly on their websites, which is here not the case!

    In other words, Microsoft pushed an "MS-Certified" driver and therefore MS is the first one to blame on certifying such faulty drivers. Also MS should have contacted the vendors about the faulty drivers released, in order to fix them.

    Contacting vendors reveals that the drivers pushed by Microsoft are "Microsoft Drivers" and they are as hardware vendors not directly responsible for faulty drivers.

    So it is true, MS does not write drivers, but they did certify them as safe, reliable and working! MS should now take responsibility to report this issue to the vendors, namely Broadcom or Apple.

    Das ist so die richtige Aussage, oder? ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-07T11:11:35+00:00

    That all doesn't matter at all in the end. The one vendor that can issue a corrected driver is not Microsoft. Full stop. You are barking at the wrong tree. I fully understand that this tree stands out and has low hanging fruit compared to the others. It's still the wrong tree. Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-07T12:44:02+00:00

    When can we expect someone who actually represents Microsoft to confirm this is Microsoft's position regarding this sorry state of affairs ? Hearing only from "volunteers" and "independent advisors" on this problem for over a month is not acceptable. Where are the updates from Microsoft detailing their investigation and progress on resolving this issue which Microsoft has caused ?

    I'm pretty shocked by Microsoft's (mis)handling of all this, as I'm sure the (now) 135 people/companies impacted by this problem are too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments