Apple BootCamp WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth driver both not working

Anonymous
2019-11-15T20:23:12+00:00

Hello guys!

A couple of days ago Microsoft pushed a new Driver Update for the WiFi over Windows Update under the name of "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0".

So after updating the driver and restarting the computer the WiFi is just no longer working! Connecting to the network takes a long time and when connected, it displays "No internet connection" or displays "Connected", but no website is working.

So I reverted back to the previous driver of 2018 with version of "7.35.118.83" and every thing is just working fine!

So I decided to delete the new update and update again directly from "Device Manager". The same issue occurs. Once reverted back, every thing turns out fine. Power options are deactivated.

For the bluetooth, the current and only installed driver is an official Microsoft Driver with version of "10.0.18362.449". But the problem with bluetooth and since the first day I installed Windows 10 through BootCamp is that the bluetooth is just not working! It sees bluetooth devices, but it will never connect. It hangs on "Connecting" and after waiting for more than 30 minutes nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even downloading Windows Support Drivers. Nothing helped. I reinstalled Windows. NOTHING helped.

Bluetooth is working just fine under macOS.

So any workaround?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-17T17:42:46+00:00

Hi, I had the same issue (very same issue) and your post helped me indirectly to fix it. After reading your post, I had look at the version and see it matched exactly what I had. I simply downgraded it to version 7.35.340.0 from https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Broadcom/Broadcom-802-11n-Network-Adapter-Driver-7-35-340-0-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml and hurray, it started working fine. Thanks.

[Moderator edit: Be careful with driver downloads that are not from the source manufacturer. Try this solution only if you cannot roll back the driver!]

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-18T17:24:32+00:00

I have Ubiquiti APs as well. Rolling back the driver to the previous version of 7.35.118.83 fixed it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-19T11:10:50+00:00

    I am not tech savvy but need to revert to the old driver too. Anyone able to help by giving me the steps and making it easy for me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-13T07:37:16+00:00

    I had problems with the WIFI-speed on my Mac, with no clue as to what it was, and resorted to using the 2.4 GHz endpoint on my router, which performed a lot better. Found this post and downgraded drivers to 7.35.118.83 and now the 5 GHz is back to normal!

    Thanks for posting as it helped me resolve my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-07T14:02:08+00:00

    once you rolled back you can run*https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-10-hide-updates-or-driver-updates*to hide the new one & prevent it from being offerd

    No, you can't! (As you could see by reading further up.)

    Maybe I'm lucky, but on my MacBook the rolled back driver stays in that state, btw, and the newer driver doesn't try to install again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments