Apple BootCamp WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth driver both not working

Anonymous
2019-11-15T20:23:12+00:00

Hello guys!

A couple of days ago Microsoft pushed a new Driver Update for the WiFi over Windows Update under the name of "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0".

So after updating the driver and restarting the computer the WiFi is just no longer working! Connecting to the network takes a long time and when connected, it displays "No internet connection" or displays "Connected", but no website is working.

So I reverted back to the previous driver of 2018 with version of "7.35.118.83" and every thing is just working fine!

So I decided to delete the new update and update again directly from "Device Manager". The same issue occurs. Once reverted back, every thing turns out fine. Power options are deactivated.

For the bluetooth, the current and only installed driver is an official Microsoft Driver with version of "10.0.18362.449". But the problem with bluetooth and since the first day I installed Windows 10 through BootCamp is that the bluetooth is just not working! It sees bluetooth devices, but it will never connect. It hangs on "Connecting" and after waiting for more than 30 minutes nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even downloading Windows Support Drivers. Nothing helped. I reinstalled Windows. NOTHING helped.

Bluetooth is working just fine under macOS.

So any workaround?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-17T17:42:46+00:00

Hi, I had the same issue (very same issue) and your post helped me indirectly to fix it. After reading your post, I had look at the version and see it matched exactly what I had. I simply downgraded it to version 7.35.340.0 from https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Broadcom/Broadcom-802-11n-Network-Adapter-Driver-7-35-340-0-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml and hurray, it started working fine. Thanks.

[Moderator edit: Be careful with driver downloads that are not from the source manufacturer. Try this solution only if you cannot roll back the driver!]

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-18T17:24:32+00:00

I have Ubiquiti APs as well. Rolling back the driver to the previous version of 7.35.118.83 fixed it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-25T15:08:19+00:00

    FWIW, I have a potential solution for those experiencing the problems I have on a MacBookPro13,3 with the 7.77.110.0 driver, who have the option of connecting to their router (in this case mine is a Virgin Media Hub 3) using a 5Ghz signal and who have the ability to modify the settings of the router.

    We assume that initially you have the defective 7.77.110.0 driver installed for the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter device ...

    (1) Obtain the latest boot camp support files package (I did so using brigadier (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier) rather than using Boot Camp under MacOS).

    (2) Within the extracted package (which for me was in the directory I ran brigadier.exe in, under a new directory called BootCamp-041-88737) locate a file called BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe.

    (3) Extract the contents of the BroadcomWireless8x64.exe file to obtain the bcmwl63a.sys file.

    (4) In Device Manager, uninstall the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter device (don't check the delete option in the dialog).

    (5) Replace the existing BCMWL63A.SYS file in the windows\system32\drivers directory with the bcmwl63a.sys file you obtained in (2).

    (6) In Device Manager, click the Action - Scan for hardware changes menu option.

    (7) The Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter device should re-appear and start without any problems.

    (8) You can confirm you have successfully replaced the defective 7.77.110.0 driver file by right-clicking the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter device in Device Manager, selecting Properties, clicking the Driver tab, clicking the Driver Details button and confirming that the file version for the windows\system32\drivers\BCMWL63a.SYS driver file is now 7.35.118.64 instead of 7.77.110.0.

    (9) In your router settings, if necessary, split out the 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals (i.e. give each unique SSIDs, so you can be certain you are connecting via the 5GHz signal rather than the 2.4GHz signal).

    (10) In your router settings, set the "Channel width" to 20 MHz for the 5GHz signal - anything else does not seem to work (at least in my environment).

    (11) You should now find that you are able to connect to your router via the 5GHz signal with a reliable and fast connection.

    Following all the hassle this situation has caused, I no longer trust Windows Update to automatically update my device drivers, so I have disabled Windows Update from updating any of my device drivers by following the instructions under the section How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Update using Group Policy at - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10.

    After doing all this, connections to my router via the 5Ghz signal seem rock solid. Multiple reboots and sleep/wake cycles have not caused any problems, running 5+ hours inbetween and I can max out my existing Internet connection speed easily all the time - so I am now back to the situation I was in before the defective 7.77.110.0 driver was pushed on me by Windows Update and broke it all.

    This is of course not a long term solution, as connecting to my router via 2.4GHz gives an unusable connection (despite also trying setting the Channel width to 20 MHz) and I have not been able to confirm that I can obtain similar quality connections to other routers via 5GHz - they would have to have a Channel width setting of 20 MHz as well I assume).

    It is Microsoft's responsibility to provide non-defective drivers for the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter device through Windows Update as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-25T11:47:53+00:00

    I have the same issue with the driver being overwritten by Windows Update. Now I could disable driver updates entirely but that also puts my computer at risk. But after rolling back once (even marking it unstable) it updated once again via Windows Update without the option of me rolling it back again. And seeing how downloading the driver is hard without a network, I found a way to roll back without downloading the driver manually somewhere else.

    Solution to rolling back without downloading driver:

    Go to the Device Manager or use Network Control Panel to go to the device and the driver tab. Click "Update Driver". Between the 2 options select "browse my computer for driver software". In the next window to browse for the file, click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" instead. Now it lists the different versions that are installed previously (yay). Select one of the 7.35.118.x drivers instead and click Next. This should install the good driver and you can go back to browsing like normal. It does want to restart, but its not really required and on restart the odds of it reinstalling the new but buggy driver is present.

    Now you can also go back to disabling Windows update if you want to, but you'll have a way to get the driver installed without manually injecting a file you download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-25T00:18:11+00:00

    Jas03x - Can you clarify what you mean by "I received an Apple Bootcamp update last night" ? Do you mean while running under MacOS or while running under Windows 10, on your Mac ? I have just tried again under Windows 10, using the brigadier tool (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier) and a Broadcom driver package (BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe) for my MacBookPro13,3 model which is identical to the one I obtained using brigadier a few days back was again obtained. Perhaps there is a delay in the archive for brigadier bootcamp support files packages being updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments