Apple BootCamp WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth driver both not working

Anonymous
2019-11-15T20:23:12+00:00

Hello guys!

A couple of days ago Microsoft pushed a new Driver Update for the WiFi over Windows Update under the name of "Broadcom - Net - 7.77.110.0".

So after updating the driver and restarting the computer the WiFi is just no longer working! Connecting to the network takes a long time and when connected, it displays "No internet connection" or displays "Connected", but no website is working.

So I reverted back to the previous driver of 2018 with version of "7.35.118.83" and every thing is just working fine!

So I decided to delete the new update and update again directly from "Device Manager". The same issue occurs. Once reverted back, every thing turns out fine. Power options are deactivated.

For the bluetooth, the current and only installed driver is an official Microsoft Driver with version of "10.0.18362.449". But the problem with bluetooth and since the first day I installed Windows 10 through BootCamp is that the bluetooth is just not working! It sees bluetooth devices, but it will never connect. It hangs on "Connecting" and after waiting for more than 30 minutes nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even downloading Windows Support Drivers. Nothing helped. I reinstalled Windows. NOTHING helped.

Bluetooth is working just fine under macOS.

So any workaround?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-17T17:42:46+00:00

Hi, I had the same issue (very same issue) and your post helped me indirectly to fix it. After reading your post, I had look at the version and see it matched exactly what I had. I simply downgraded it to version 7.35.340.0 from https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Broadcom/Broadcom-802-11n-Network-Adapter-Driver-7-35-340-0-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml and hurray, it started working fine. Thanks.

[Moderator edit: Be careful with driver downloads that are not from the source manufacturer. Try this solution only if you cannot roll back the driver!]

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-18T17:24:32+00:00

I have Ubiquiti APs as well. Rolling back the driver to the previous version of 7.35.118.83 fixed it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-05T19:08:59+00:00

    Both Microsoft and Apple are very disappointing in their support and response to user complaints and still more disappointing by the lack of well-educated support personnel. This happens when the main focus is only money and profit!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-05T16:04:34+00:00

    thanks much for the detailed instructions for removing the old driver.  reverting to the .35 is easy, but the new one always comes back.  much appreciated for the command fix. lots of people have to be frustrated with this poor choice of driver support with the latest updates being pushed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-05T10:39:02+00:00

    MICROSOFT - We are nearing a month of this problem with 125 people / companies impacted at least.

    Have you confirmed the problem yourself ?

    How long do you expect it will take to produce a driver which fixes the problem ?

    What's the target date for making that fixed driver available through Windows Update ?

    What specific mistakes were made during your testing process for candidate drivers to allow such a defective driver to be released to customers ?

    What steps will be taken to ensure the testing process for candidate drivers is improved to ensure such defective drivers are not released to customers in the future ?

    I look forward to your prompt response - the lack of information or assistance from you to date has been very disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments