Thank you very much. I'll give it a try.
John Henderson
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, hope someone can help.
Overnight, my printer has stopped doing automatic duplex printing on PDF documents. It is an HP Envy 4520.
I have not made any changes to hardware or software/or done any upgrades etc. I use Windows 10. I have tried to update the device driver but it is up to date.
I have tried using the HP smart app as seen on another thread but it still requires me to manually move the paper to print the second side.
Under printer properties it says double sided but if I look under device settings it now says 'not installed' next to 'automatic duplexing unit.
I have not had this problem previously, and it was doing automatic double sided printing 2 days ago!
Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you very much. I'll give it a try.
John Henderson
Hi Folks,
I’ve been plagued with not being able to duplex print on HP 4650 whic had been working prior to a Window install ... thinking it happened in fall of 2019 - i have scoured the forums, contacted customer support and help to noavail. I have been doing uninstalled and reinstall of printer and drivers to many times to even remember! Changing the PORT to Standard TCP/IP and updating the Device Settings installable options to automatically configure enabled automatic duplex - it finally .... finally fixed it and brought back Duplex printing to my Microsoft Word printer options!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your HELP!!
i’m sure we are not the only victims of this print issue ! HP should be made aware of this workaround and this should be highlighted in the FORUM as a must do if you are not able to get duplex to work with an HP Printers. Sounds like not only is the HP 4650 but others are affected the same way!
Thanks again!
I have this same issue. Was this ever solved?
Thank you.
Eventually - by uninstalling and re-installing for the umpteenth time which then allowed me to change the PORT to Standard TCP/IP and update Device Settings to 'automatically configure enabled automatic duplex'.
But it could well have been a Windows update that allowed me to change the port settings - who knows?
Sorry not to be more helpful. Hopefully using Windows update, fully uninstalling and re-installing the printer (not just remove device) and checking the port and device settings will sort it for you as it was definitely one of those that did it.
Hi Brenda,
Yes, My issues with duplex are resolved with HP 4650.
if you read thru this entire thread, i think you’ll get enough info to help resolve the issue. On my MS Word, I saw something like Print on both sides manually above the place where you select long edge or short edge for duplex. My printer was Device Settings Used/connected and using a ‘WSD...’ PORT - setting up and selecting a new PORT with Standard TCP/IP using IPaddress of printer and disabling shared spooling - worked for me - I did have to update installable options(instructions in thread). I did not need to uninstall and reinstall printer - just reconfigured w/TCP/IP and restarted MS word.
I still think a Win 10 install in fall 2019 messed up printer setup because it had been working fine until then. I’m not a super techie but know enough to almost get myself in trouble! The other folks on thread are the experts. Thinking, This issue may be prevalent with HP printers from what i’ve read.
Good Luck!