Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy

Anonymous
2020-01-25T11:37:07+00:00

Hi, hope someone can help.

Overnight, my printer has stopped doing automatic duplex printing on PDF documents. It is an HP Envy 4520.

I have not made any changes to hardware or software/or done any upgrades etc. I use Windows 10. I have tried to update the device driver but it is up to date.

I have tried using the HP smart app as seen on another thread but it still requires me to manually move the paper to print the second side. 

Under printer properties it says double sided but if I look under device settings it now says 'not installed' next to 'automatic duplexing unit. 

I have not had this problem previously, and it was doing automatic double sided printing 2 days ago!

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T12:37:40+00:00

    Can you change the automatic duplex unit setting to installed under device settings?

    It is now saying that duplex printing is installed.

    However when I go to print the document, it is still asking me to print manually and if I click on printer properties when going to print it says print on both sides manually.

    I have just got back to the printer and it now is NOT letting me change it to installed! Ugh

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T13:29:15+00:00

    Are you logged in as an administrator?

    You may need to open the printer properties as administrator.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-26T17:55:39+00:00

    Are you logged in as an administrator?

    You may need to open the printer properties as administrator.

    Yes logged in as an administrator.

    Here are some screenshots - the duplex printing screen installed pics were taken 5 min apart - this changes all the time

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-26T20:17:06+00:00

    Press Windows key & X and then select Device Manager

    Expand Imaging Devices

    Right click the printer and select properties

    Click on Driver tab

    Note driver version and date

    Download and install the latest firmware and drivers for the printer which can be found here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservic...

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-26T21:12:04+00:00

    Hi and thank you for your responses again

    It hasn't made any difference! It said everything was up to date but I did it anyway. I am just getting these still and the second window did not want to close this time

    , I had to switch off the printer and cancel the print job to get rid of it!! 

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments