Error 0x80070141 when copying photos or videos from iphone xr

Anonymous
2019-11-10T23:35:51+00:00

I have recently started getting 0x80070141 error when attempting to copy photos and videos from my iPhone XR to my windows 10 desktop.  It will work for a short period but then I start getting the errors.  I have tried 3 different iPhone cables and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports but makes no difference.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-10T23:41:22+00:00

The error 0x80070141: the device is unreachable is not exclusive to iPhone. Some Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy, Lenovo, can't import files to PC as the message pops up: the device is unreachable

To solve this error when copying files from your iPhone or other device to your PC/computer running Windows 10, here are steps to follow

  1. isconnect your iPhone/iPad from your computer
  2. Go to Settings on your iOS device
  3. Open Photos and scroll to the bottom
  4. Under ‘Transfer to Mac or PC’, chang efrom Automatic to Keep Originals (“Automatically transfer photos and videos in a compatible format, or always transfer the original file without checking for compatibility.”)

Now connect again the device to the Windows 10 computer and copy/paste the files again; it should work fine now!

Source: https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/iphone-on-windows-10-device-is-unreachable-solved/

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-27T22:26:43+00:00

    Yes it works but does not solve the issue of having to convert HEIC files to JPEG if I want to work in Adobe Photoshop without having to purchase a new version that only works with RAW format.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-16T21:38:20+00:00

    I tried switching the Automatic mode to Keep Originals but only got the audio part of the video (.MOV file) to transfer but not the visual part. And got an error message about a "missing codec" 0xc00d5212 - saying I needed to download a codec worth 99 cents. What was that all about? Is that necessary?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-17T20:38:48+00:00

    Almost all my pics uploaded from my iphone with no problems except for 3. Then I started getting Error Message 0x80070141 or Device is Unreachable. I tried changing from Automatic to Keep Originals but still get the same error message. Not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-27T16:59:32+00:00

    I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments