Error 0x80070141 when copying photos or videos from iphone xr

Anonymous
2019-11-10T23:35:51+00:00

I have recently started getting 0x80070141 error when attempting to copy photos and videos from my iPhone XR to my windows 10 desktop.  It will work for a short period but then I start getting the errors.  I have tried 3 different iPhone cables and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports but makes no difference.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-10T23:41:22+00:00

The error 0x80070141: the device is unreachable is not exclusive to iPhone. Some Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy, Lenovo, can't import files to PC as the message pops up: the device is unreachable

To solve this error when copying files from your iPhone or other device to your PC/computer running Windows 10, here are steps to follow

  1. isconnect your iPhone/iPad from your computer
  2. Go to Settings on your iOS device
  3. Open Photos and scroll to the bottom
  4. Under ‘Transfer to Mac or PC’, chang efrom Automatic to Keep Originals (“Automatically transfer photos and videos in a compatible format, or always transfer the original file without checking for compatibility.”)

Now connect again the device to the Windows 10 computer and copy/paste the files again; it should work fine now!

Source: https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/iphone-on-windows-10-device-is-unreachable-solved/

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-13T12:57:17+00:00

    Dear all,

    Since nothing from the below suggested solutions worked in my case, and since the copy of the video I needed to transfer was between my Lumia 630XL and my HP laptop with OS windows 10, I though to do it through 'WE TRANSFER" but doesn't working either!!!

    So to make a long story short, I reconnect the mobile phone using cable to my laptop, I selected the "Lumia 640XL" in the "This PC" I went to the specific file where the two videos were, and in the toolbar above, in the 'Organize" section I press "Copy to". The transfer this time started!! and the files are now tasted and alive in the "My Videos"

    All the other solutions are not working at all since there is only a warning message and nothing else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-13T11:51:31+00:00

    Not useful at all. In my Lumia 640XL there is no such a selection  Transfer to Mac or PC’.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-23T02:31:05+00:00

    Thanks! This did the trick, nice!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-27T16:59:32+00:00

    I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments