Error 0x80070141 when copying photos or videos from iphone xr

Anonymous
2019-11-10T23:35:51+00:00

I have recently started getting 0x80070141 error when attempting to copy photos and videos from my iPhone XR to my windows 10 desktop.  It will work for a short period but then I start getting the errors.  I have tried 3 different iPhone cables and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports but makes no difference.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-10T23:41:22+00:00

The error 0x80070141: the device is unreachable is not exclusive to iPhone. Some Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy, Lenovo, can't import files to PC as the message pops up: the device is unreachable

To solve this error when copying files from your iPhone or other device to your PC/computer running Windows 10, here are steps to follow

  1. isconnect your iPhone/iPad from your computer
  2. Go to Settings on your iOS device
  3. Open Photos and scroll to the bottom
  4. Under ‘Transfer to Mac or PC’, chang efrom Automatic to Keep Originals (“Automatically transfer photos and videos in a compatible format, or always transfer the original file without checking for compatibility.”)

Now connect again the device to the Windows 10 computer and copy/paste the files again; it should work fine now!

Source: https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/iphone-on-windows-10-device-is-unreachable-solved/

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-10T03:04:43+00:00

    Thank you so much for your instructions. I had this issue the whole day when in terms of editing videos from my iPhone, I bumped into this error message. With your advice, I changed "Transfer Mac or PC" from Automatically to Keep Originals. I will keep that in mind next time this error message happens again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-09T14:49:07+00:00

    OMG I have been struggling with this for months..... doing this one fix works and I can now FINALLY get the pictures off of my phone!!

    Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-31T04:11:44+00:00

    Solution did not work.  After changing the iPhone setting I still got the same error.

    DID you ever get a solution that worked Bellguy? i have the same issue with transferring pics from my Iphone SE 2020

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-24T08:18:18+00:00

    You absolute legend! This worked perfectly!  A forum where the response ACTUALLY works.  THANK YOU <3

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments