Error 0x80070141 when copying photos or videos from iphone xr

Anonymous
2019-11-10T23:35:51+00:00

I have recently started getting 0x80070141 error when attempting to copy photos and videos from my iPhone XR to my windows 10 desktop.  It will work for a short period but then I start getting the errors.  I have tried 3 different iPhone cables and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports but makes no difference.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-11-10T23:41:22+00:00

The error 0x80070141: the device is unreachable is not exclusive to iPhone. Some Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy, Lenovo, can't import files to PC as the message pops up: the device is unreachable

To solve this error when copying files from your iPhone or other device to your PC/computer running Windows 10, here are steps to follow

  1. isconnect your iPhone/iPad from your computer
  2. Go to Settings on your iOS device
  3. Open Photos and scroll to the bottom
  4. Under ‘Transfer to Mac or PC’, chang efrom Automatic to Keep Originals (“Automatically transfer photos and videos in a compatible format, or always transfer the original file without checking for compatibility.”)

Now connect again the device to the Windows 10 computer and copy/paste the files again; it should work fine now!

Source: https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/iphone-on-windows-10-device-is-unreachable-solved/

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-07T15:38:09+00:00

    THANKS YOU SOOOO MUCH !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T22:13:28+00:00

    Awesome!  Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-23T17:12:21+00:00

    Perfect! I found an answer elsewhere that didn't say the iPhone has to be disconnected.  I remained frustrated. I found your post and followed the instructions to disconnect the iPhone to change settings. Problem solved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-22T09:15:27+00:00

    I tried that way with iPhone XR and HP Elitebook PC. The audio got copied. But the video was not visible A new error code 0x00d5212 showed up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments