The sound card E-MU 1616m does not work with the new update

Anonymous
2019-06-07T14:28:08+00:00

I'd like to ask you to help us using these sound cards. I tried all the options that were available to me. None has been successful.

I returned to the previous version of Windows 10 1803, and the sound card works properly.

Thank you in advance for help and response.

Best regards

Tomislav

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-07-31T08:40:35+00:00

E-MU 1212m/1616m - Complete Install Guide for Windows 10 (1903)

This is a complete guide to setting up the E-MU 1212m/1616m audio interface on Windows 10 version 1903x64 and above.

It will work for both PCI and PCI-Express and should work with the E-MU 1820/1820m/0404 audio interfaces too but you may need to rename the 2 instances of your device name in the EMU_Driver_Fix script file.

Huge thank you to ClubHouseKey and Martin, Producer at Sherwood Sound Studios whose information saved us and give us compatibility with Windows 10x64 1903. The E-MU 1616m PCI-Express is the audio interface I have and I will never get rid of it unless there is absolutely no way to keep using it. Amazing piece of hardware! If any new updates are posted in this thread then this first post will be edited accordingly.

E-MU 1212m/1616m - Complete Install Guide for Windows 10 (1903 & Above)

*Please perform each task in the exact order listed.*

1.  Remove all current E-MU Drivers and PatchMix software.

2.  Download the E-MU_Windows_10_Install.zip file from   https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar-KCv7xikVOh23zeXTESuD8k2ih.

3.  Extract the zip file to a folder on your main Windows 10 drive and call it---> "temp". (C:\temp

4.  Install the EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA drivers

5.  RESTART INTO SAFE MODE by holding the shift key when clicking on Restart.

6.  Choose Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, Start-up Settings and click Restart. You will later be prompt with safe mode restart option. Select option 4 in Safe mode.

7.  Once in safe mode right-click on the start button and open Windows PowerShell (Admin).

8.  Type into the PowerShell window --> "cd c:/temp/EMU_Driver_Fix"   or you can right click with your mouse to run the script run with help of Windows PowerShell (Admin).     

*Note: On some systems Windows 10 1903 has another security layer even in safemode that forbidd you to run unkown scripts and code. You get then a confrimation message if its okay to run the selected script "EMU_Driver_Fix".  Select "yes" and then the script will finally run for you.  

This a modified version of Cl ubHouseKey's script. This will replace our windows files with the new updated files.

*Note: Performing this step in a normal Windows environment will either cause the script to not run at all due to script settings within Windows or some files will not get overwritten because they're in use.

9.  Restart Windows as normally and then install the EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00 PatchMix Software.

You should now have successfully installed your E-MU Audio Interface and everything will and should work as normal.

Extra ASIOx64 driver

10.  If you plan to use the ASIO x64bit driver in a x64bit DAWs like Cubase Pro 10, Studio One, Pro Tools, Sonar and other x64 environments.

Click on "Start" and type "regedit" in the search bar and click on "Registry Editor" to run it.

11.  Go to    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 

12.  Right-click "AsioThk32Reg" and choose Modify.

13.  Change "CTASIO.DLL" to "CTASIO64.DLL."

I hope this guide helps everyone that wants to keep their 1212m/1616m running in Windows 10 1903.

Big thanks to ClubHouseKey and Martin, Producer at Sherwood Sound Studio that found this solution for us all.

You can find and follow updates of this driver here!

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=529349

I hope this helped you all to make the installation of the new driver easy and informative for everyone.

Best Regards

Freddie

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-04T03:36:12+00:00

    Thank you very, very much. The best an unique solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-02T16:21:10+00:00

    Thank you very much! We should buy you 6-pack!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-16T08:13:54+00:00

    Freddie, you are my hero. Thanks for posting this. I doubt I ever would have taken the time to figure this out myself and just purchased an RME card or something instead. They are far more expensive than EMU and don't have the 90's cred of the brand but when you look at the amount of time it takes to fix this sort of thing, the price isn't too bad. Wouldn't it be nice if Creative Labs didn't kill this brand so hard? You saved me from having to finally give up my EMU card for another solution. I was so happy about this, as I was telling a friend of mine the story, I casually searched for an EMU card on the eBay and to my amazement I found another 1212m PCIe card for sale! They come up so rarely so I snapped it up without hesitation. I wouldn't have been able to do it were it not for your posting this solution.

    Again, you're my hero. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-14T11:38:55+00:00

    Thank you so much for sharing this...My 1616m will be able to accompany me in my new musical adventures in my new homme studio...Merci, merci encore ! Cheers from Brittany

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments