Videos, looping programs.....is bull....Sh!
StephenClarkeCW Has it exactly correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"OneDrive needs to recognize the act of SYNCING as activity, and keep the vault open until all syncs are finished."
Or we absolutely need the ability to control it somehow!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have now spent over 50 hours OVER THE PAST FEW MONTHS hours waiting and syncing and waiting and syncing and interrupting and syncing and I'm on 300mbps down and 25mbps up trying to work with about 230GB.
So last night personal vault would not accept my 2fa for some reason, so I had to unlink and relink ondrive, which literally took me ALMOST 8 hours for it to resync and I had to sit by my pc for those 8 hours to make sure it did the full job "keeping Open"
until midnight last night.
This morning, I declared I am DONE with this stupidity from Microsoft. I moved all my data local and am clearing this Onedrive.
I am now at about 60 hours dealing with this piece of **** just because we cannot control the timeout. It's sickening that Microsoft cannot even get this one basic point that we have to control it or else we cannot use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And by the way, which is the icing on the cake, after I moved all my data to my local SSD this morning after having everything synced last night at midnight, I have to wait and watch the sync stay alive because I moved my data locally. And it appears this
is another 8+ plus hours just getting my data off OneDrive AND I HAVE TO SIT HERE FOR IT TO SAY "KEEP OPEN" EVERY 15 MINUTES FOR THE NEXT 8+ HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
F this piece of S
btw, one last point. This is only for 230GB of data with a pretty high level of bandwidth 300/25. I cannot fathom the stupidity of MSFT offering 1TB for cloud service with office. If my 50+ hours over a few months trying to manage 230GB is this cumbersome,
I cannot even fathom trying to manage more data over 500GB let alone close to 1TB meaning I am trying to forewarn here that you are literally talking about 25-50 hours per month of "keep open" sync this sync that just to manage 250GB. for 500-1TB you're
talking about 100 hours of time watching and syncing and "keeping open" bsh!
Lastly, I might as well bring up one of the other mishaps besides the timeout over the past few months too. I was simply trying to access the personal vault from my work pc that was already working just fine and I was keeping everything from my work, home,
laptop in sync. All of a sudden when I went to unlock it at work, it started deleting files, yes just from an unlock. So one of the episodes was trying to restore those files. So even though the restore is substantive and it's at least possible, you cannot
see the path of what was deleted to know what actually happened. It just gives you a restore point and you can just hope your getting all your files back.
Full disclosure, I've been in IT for over 30 years back in the 80s with Compaq servers and RAID arrays crashing all the time losing entire arrays and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting due to more than one drive failing or Netware, Dell and NT and
all of it. I am actually literally getting flashbacks (very bad ones) from those horrendous times in the late 80s and 90s from this pathetic piece of **** for all the TIME and TIME and more TIME (especially from MSFT updates and Compaq drivers in those days)
and restores and bull bull bull that Onedrive and Personal vault that is.