It doesn't work for me. No matter what is set the vault STILL locks (for me) before 20 minutes. This makes uploading large files impossible.
How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive
How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-05-27T16:55:40+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-05-07T18:26:46+00:00 Exactly the same situation. I am sleeping at night while I leave my laptop on backing up private stuff that is almost 10gb but when I wake up in the morning the upload always fail due to the timeout that is only 20 minutes.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-08T04:17:37+00:00 this is your answer, you can select (dot) 20 minutes (default), 1 hour, 2 hours, or 4 hours for what you want under Personal Vault Inactivity Lock
Change OneDrive Personal Vault Inactivity Lock Time in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
-
Anonymous
2020-10-06T01:07:40+00:00 Greetings all,
I have been struggling with this too. And I also have nearly 300GB to upload. We seriously need the ability to temporarily increase the timeout. You cannot use the auto mouse clicker, you cannot hover and keep it moving, you cannot have uploads themselves keep it open. The private vault just closes inherently at the time stamp even less than 20 min sometimes.
Clearly, this is an extremely important need so we can at least get our data out to the Personal Vault. I started the process and can only get about 1GB uploaded before it auto locks. So I clearly cannot go through this process 300 times let alone potentially corrupting data or something due to the breaks in transfers.
If anything, we need a registry hack that could temporarily increase this timeout.
Agree, it is annoying to see the notification every few mins, and in mobile app is worse, specially consuming media, keep saying continue.
However, there is a workaround for uploading big files into personal-vault.
Upload it to onedrive, regular folder first, then move it to personal vault.
Hope it helps.
-
Anonymous
2020-08-18T20:28:18+00:00 It locks even when working in a file on the web. No issues when working in Windows 10. It makes the web version unusable.