How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive

Anonymous
2019-09-16T14:40:19+00:00

How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
    2019-09-17T07:29:07+00:00

    Garinas,

    Do you need more help regarding this?

    YES

    Tell Microsoft to give uses the option of increasing the time allowed temporarily whilst I am uploading 200GB of Data!

    Doesn't the Personal Vault stay open as long as Windows thinks there is activity going on? 

    I use a program called "Free Mouse Auto Clicker" to make Windows think I am still active in a window.  It makes a mouse click at any time interval I select.  I let it run all night if need be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-17T07:16:35+00:00

    Garinas,

    Do you need more help regarding this?

    YES

    Tell Microsoft to give uses the option of increasing the time allowed temporarily whilst I am uploading 200GB of Data!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-09-17T01:42:12+00:00

    Garinas,

    Do you need more help regarding this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
    2019-09-16T14:56:48+00:00

    You may just want to use 2-Step verification on your Microsoft account instead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-09-16T14:44:55+00:00

    Hi Garinas,

    I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

    Sorry, but you cannot increase the time for vault as this is by design.

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/protec...

    Personal Vault automatically locks after a period of inactivity (20 minutes on the web, 3 minutes on a mobile app) and then you need to unlock it to get at your files again. All your documents, photos, and videos in Personal Vault are easy to access from onedrive.com, your PC, or other capable devices.

    As we are just volunteers here trying to help, you may add a Feedback in Onedrive uservoice:

    Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

    https://onedrive.uservoice.com

    Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments