How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive

Anonymous
2019-09-16T14:40:19+00:00

How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-10T17:48:35+00:00

    That isn't much help. SO now instead of unlocking my personal vault on a regular basis, I should post somewhere that I keep on having to unlock my personal vault on a regular basis as well.

    Windows provides a screen lock mechanism, why doesn't that get used by Windows to lock / unlock the personal vault as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-25T21:50:17+00:00

    Microsoft is playing games with this one and I have spent the last two hours trying to change it following the help support instructions. I was so frustrated because none of the menu items that the support answer gave were there. In frustration, I did a google search and found this answer: Microsoft will not allow you to change the time????? Why then do they post phony instructions on how to change the time? Their support has taken a nosedive. When you phone the number provided you are directed back to the page that gave you the phone number. No wonder so many people prefer Apple. I also have an Apple mini. When there is a problem they answer the phone quickly and you talk to a human being.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-24T14:04:54+00:00

    To put large files into your personal vault, just put them somewhere else on OneDrive, the use the web interface to move them into your personal vault.. That is how I got around the 20 min bogus, non-changeable timeout.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
    2019-11-23T22:29:24+00:00

    I don't advise people to use the personal vault until Microsoft gives you the key to your local personal vault. 

    But it's OK to use as long as you have a backup of the data somewhere else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
    2019-09-16T14:56:48+00:00

    You may just want to use 2-Step verification on your Microsoft account instead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments