I thought I replied to this to say I thought I managed to rectify the situation. I edited the registry to point to my non .000 profile which didn't work as the permissions weren't correct so I simply renamed the old profile so I could rename the .000 appropriately. After the first failed attempt (Windows created a temp profile) I got in on the 2nd try and OneDrive and other apps that were having problems previously seemed to be fine.
Except Outlook, and then several more as I kept digging. It seems like paths to the .000 profile had started taking over. There were a TON of entries in the registry pointing to that path.
Since I can't revert and this is where I'm at, I'm pretty much forced to wipe the system clean. I really don't have time for this but what choice to I have other than creating a new profile. At that point, I may as well truly start from scratch.
Thanks Microsoft.