You have been unable to run basic commands like chkdsk and SFC. Your CMD environment is unresponsive which points to system issues which inbuilt recovery options has failed to rectify due to their inability to function as required. So clean install is your last resort which will reset the system files and binaries.
Cannot scan the pc using cmd
I am trying to scan my pc pn various way but none of them are working, there is always a problem appear . I typed the command chkdsk then sfc /scannow and many others and all of them are showing some problems and I couldn't fix it . So help me from the start
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-06-29T01:31:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-06-29T12:30:33+00:00 Your hard drive has experienced hardware failure or some irreversible corruption. It is also possible that the system’s disk configuration database might be corrupted. As I have pointed out earlier, you should consider replacing your HDD but first, take the drive to a PC hardware Technician to run complete diagnostics on it to ascertain the health of your HDD.
-
Anonymous
2019-06-29T12:44:10+00:00 I installed a clean windows in my pc and my files are too safe , i didn't loss them . After then I ran chkdsk command then it successfully checked it and then I repair my drive then it completed successfully and then the disk error was appearing again and again even I reactivate the disk .
I reactive the disk then the error status disappear then again it shows up and then again and again . I don't know why but my disk was repaired as it was shown and then I scanned my drive in properties>tools>chech now
Then it was completed successfully and found no problem but I don't know whether my PC is fully fixed or not but till I typing this message the error status isn't showing .
-
Anonymous
2019-06-29T14:26:15+00:00 Have you checked on Disk Management tool from the Computer Management console to ascertain that all the disks are online and healthy? If disks are Offline, reactivate. The disk should be marked Online after it is reactivated unless there is a mechanical or other serious problem with the disk.
You can also download and run HDDScan – Free HDD Diagnostic Utility.