Cannot scan the pc using cmd

Anonymous
2019-06-25T09:37:01+00:00

I am trying to scan my pc pn various way but none of them are working, there is always a problem appear . I typed the command chkdsk then sfc /scannow and many others and all of them are showing some problems and I couldn't fix it . So help me from the start

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-28T15:24:53+00:00

    Firstly I don't have a restore point so method A won't work and I have tried the method 2 already and that doesn't work . It says there was a problem in resetting your pc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-28T15:31:35+00:00

    All the video I watched on youtube they successfully solved the problem because as I told you they have zeros in those folders and I had the numbers . I think that's the reason my PC isn't fixed . So please tell me what thoes numbers stand for . First I want to make them zero then I will procedd with their steps .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-28T16:14:47+00:00

    I tell you firstly in the troubleshoot 

    1. reset this pc
    2. advance option

    No. 1 doesn't work it says there was a problem resetting this pc .

    Then in no. 2

    1. system restore
    2. system image recovery
    3. startup repair
    4. command prompt
    5. go back to the previous build

    No. 1 isn't working as i don't have a restore point

    No. 2 isn't working I don't have any idea what that option is

    No. 3 isn't working it says startup repair couldn't repair your pc

    No. 4 command prompt till now no method is working

    No. 5 go back to previous build says we ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous build . try resetting your current build instead .

        So now you tell me what option do I have left so that I can fix my PC without losing data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-28T22:01:47+00:00

    System Image Recovery would have been a better option if you had created a system image of your hard disk when the system was still functional. A system image is a copy of all data on a drive volume. By default, a system image includes the drive(s) required for Windows to run. It includes Windows, your system settings, programs, and files. When restoring a computer from a system image, you cannot choose individual items to restore. All of your current programs, system settings, and files are replaced with the contents of the system image.

    So at this point that all available recovery options that will allow you to keep your files/data has failed, you are left with no choice but to back up your files to another PC, then reinstall Windows on the HDD, then transfer back your files.

    To back up your data, you will need to remove the HDD from your PC, purchase an external USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure (Important: Most recent hard drives have SATA connections so any SATA compatible external enclosure will work) and plug your drive into it. This converts the HDD into an external USB hard drive that you can plug into any computer and transfer your files/data. Then you can replace the HDD back in your PC, reinstall Windows then copy back your data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-06-28T22:10:35+00:00

    Is there are no ways to fix my problem using cmd with some command?

    Is it final that I need to do a clean windows install?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments