Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Anonymous
2019-09-02T04:53:47+00:00

My ASUS laptop downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates (on August 31) after which my laptop crashes within 5-10 minutes of use. The stop code error message I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys.

I collected my system information and DMP files here:

Log files from system crash

Can anyone help me?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-09-02T05:09:27+00:00

Hi,

NOTE : ALL with needing to update Netwtw06.sys should be sure to end up with version or later 21.80.2 (Avoid version 21.70.0 which can cause BSOD issues). The method below is the way to update to the latest version of Netwtw06.sys.

BugCheck 50, {ffffc8d37d50d700, 2, fffff8077cef27f3, 2}

Probably caused by : Netwtw06.sys ( Netwtw06+2f27f3 )

Netwtw06.sys is the Intel WiFi driver so first try updating that.

Intel Driver and Support Assistant <-- run this after checking with System/Motherboard Maker

http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support/detect?redirector\_count=1&

Intel Download Center

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Intel - Support

http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support

Intel - Forums

https://forums.intel.com/s/?language=en_US

Let me know if that helps,

Rob

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-20T12:22:52+00:00

    Rob,

    Hi again! I googled that error and found this:

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031755/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-8th-generation-intel-processors.html

    so I went through the steps and tried the Intel Driver & Support Assistant again. Its still telling me to update the DCH driver and after clicking install its still giving the same error. 

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-20T12:53:38+00:00

    Rob, Hi again! So i found this page:

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html

    and did this:

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/56623f52-1629-43e9-8047-bb329d055081?platform=QnA

    and my ‘driver file details’ do not have ‘dch’ in the .inf file names. My computer has ‘amd’ in that spot. Heres a pic: 

    why is the Intel Driver & Support Assistant telling me to update the DCH driver if my computer is saying it has an AMD driver? Do I need to figure out how to update the AMD driver? Am I correct in understanding that driver us a graphics driver and not the wifi driver?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-20T17:41:04+00:00

    That page is about Graphics drivers and this thread is about WiFi drivers.

    If you have a problem with Intel Drivers and my advice on page one of this thread does not help then it would be best to work with Intel and/or your system motherboard maker. 

    If your issue is with graphics drivers or others that Intel's WiFi drivers then please start your own thread.

    Rob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-22T02:00:50+00:00

    Hi! I have the exact same problem currently. Same errors and everything. I've tried to do everything this thread tells you to do, but unfortunately, none of it works. I have tried updating it through Intel, which doesn't work. I've manually uninstalled and reinstalled the (new) version of the Intel Wifi Driver and nothing works. It is still listed as last updated 4/25/2018 and my computer continues to give me blue screens. This exact issue happened 6 months ago during the time of this thread, September 2019, but I took it to a professional. He fixed it, but only for a short time as I am again having issues. Any amount of help would be great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments