Ok so I *think* I may have it fixed. Here's what I did:
I still got the error this morning shortly after booting up. So I googled something about Intel wifi driver update windows 10 (thats probably not exactly what I searched but you get the idea)
I found this page:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29362?v=t
You see right at the top it says
The 21.70.0 package installs the Windows® 10 Wi-Fi drivers for the following Intel® Wireless Adapters:
21.70.0.6 for AX201/AX200/9560/9260/9462/9461 (Only available in 64-bit version)
20.70.16.4 for 8265/8260 (Only available in 64-bit version)
19.51.27.1 for 7265(Rev. D)/3165/3168
Ok so long story short you have to figure out what model number your wifi driver is.
Here's how to do that:
In the bottom right of your task bar you see the wifi signal. Right Click that.
Open Network & Internet Settings
On the left select WiFi
Click Hardware Properties
Towards the bottom of the list you want to see Description (this is your model number--mine is 8265 so remember that Intel page I linked? Where it says the version I need for model 8265 is 20.70.16.4?)
On the line after description it has your current Intel wifi driver version. Mine was NOT 20.70.16.4 even after the Intel Driver & Support Assistant said I was up to date. (My wifi driver version was stuck
on 20.60.0.7)
SO. Now I had to update the wifi driver for real this time. Go back to that Intel windows 10 wifi driver page:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29362?v=t
On the left hand side scroll to Available Downloads
Download the appropriate type for your computer (32bit or 64 bit)
Once it downloads, run it, follow the wizard prompts. Once it's finished restart your computer.
After it reboots right click the wifi icon in your task bar,
Open Network & Internet Settings
On the left select WiFi
Click Hardware Properties
Description line should now have the newest version for your driver model number (My version now finally says 20.70.16.4!!) It's been almost 12 hours and no crashes.
Good Luck!!
Unfortunately this didn't fix my wifi problem. I had already updated to 20.70.16.4 after the ASUS-recommended Intel driver caused Blue Screen Of Death everytime my PC was turned on.
Intel driver 20.70.16.4 doesn't cause BSOD but it won't start (Error 10). So I still need help.