Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Anonymous
2019-09-02T04:53:47+00:00

My ASUS laptop downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates (on August 31) after which my laptop crashes within 5-10 minutes of use. The stop code error message I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys.

I collected my system information and DMP files here:

Log files from system crash

Can anyone help me?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-09-02T05:09:27+00:00

Hi,

NOTE : ALL with needing to update Netwtw06.sys should be sure to end up with version or later 21.80.2 (Avoid version 21.70.0 which can cause BSOD issues). The method below is the way to update to the latest version of Netwtw06.sys.

BugCheck 50, {ffffc8d37d50d700, 2, fffff8077cef27f3, 2}

Probably caused by : Netwtw06.sys ( Netwtw06+2f27f3 )

Netwtw06.sys is the Intel WiFi driver so first try updating that.

Intel Driver and Support Assistant <-- run this after checking with System/Motherboard Maker

http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support/detect?redirector\_count=1&

Intel Download Center

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Intel - Support

http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support

Intel - Forums

https://forums.intel.com/s/?language=en_US

Let me know if that helps,

Rob

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-22T23:02:50+00:00
    1. I am not qualified to give driver advice.
    2. I suggest you read and follow the process presented by MrsDan1667, especially the advice about finding out which WiFi driver you need.  The WiFi Hardware Properties with tell you the Manufacturer.  If it is not Intel, you need to go to the Driver Support web site for the manufacturer of the WiFi driver.

    Good Luck

    -CMACALA

    I've done all that. It's an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 network adaptor. That's why I used the Intel driver. Maybe my network adaptor is broken?? My driver version is Intel 20.70.16.4 dated 1/01/20.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-22T22:43:08+00:00
    1. I am not qualified to give driver advice.
    2. I suggest you read and follow the process presented by MrsDan1667, especially the advice about finding out which WiFi driver you need.  The WiFi Hardware Properties with tell you the Manufacturer.  If it is not Intel, you need to go to the Driver Support web site for the manufacturer of the WiFi driver.

    Good Luck

    -CMACALA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-22T21:19:06+00:00

    I am not wise with the use of this forum, but I appreciate all the effort and sharing of the participants.  I have the same issue (Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, What Failed: Netwtw06.sys [didn't stay on screen long enough, but I was able to snap a picture with my phone on subsequent occurrences]).

    I have a Microsoft Support Subscription, but the support staff apparently is not familiar with this issue.  I suppose there is no central repository for System Failures and recommended solutions.

    First support person "cleaned my machine" and "removed some unneeded files" and said to call back if the error reoccurs.  

    My machine is a Lenovo Yoga, Model 81C3, Intel Core I5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHZ 1.80 GHz, Installed RAM 8.00 GB, (7.82 GB Usable), System Type 64-bit OS, x64 based processor, 212 GB Solid State Disk) 2 years old and the new owner of Lenovo says it is unsupported.  (What a crime! Shouldn't they be required to support for 6-10 years?)

    On second call to Windows Support, we reinstalled Windows via what I think was a "Reset." Apparently, there was no "Restore Point."  (Not 100% clear about that, but not important right now.)

    That went well, but the next day, the system failed again, repeatedly. Giving my support rep credit, he arranged to call me back the next day to check on me. Using my other laptop, we then proceeded to download the Win 10 64 Bit Op Sys on a 16 GB thumb drive and we used it to reinstall the OS.  (My personal files were retained, but my third party Apps will have to be reinstalled.)  I've since reinstalled some Apps and the system is working, but has failed a couple of times in the past 2 days.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'm thinking about calling Support again, but I decided to research via the Community.  Appears I'm not the only one with the issue and its not just Lenovo laptops.

    I'm going to wait another day and see how it goes.  It sounds like the driver update is the solution.  Sounds like I need the Intel drivers.  I'll research that, more.

    If Netwtwsys06.sys is the culprit, why can't if be made to give more meaningful diagnostics?

    Why doesn't Windows Support know about this issue?

    If there is a Central Repository, why isn't it public?  I'll try to post again in a week.

    I reinstalled Windows 10 twice and I've reinstalled the ASUS recommended Intel driver but it causes BSOD so I switched to the latest Intel driver which allows the PC to operate - but without wifi. I am using the PC with a wired connection to a wifi extender but this can't easily be used outside my home.

    With the BSOD, I got the error message "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" and code 0xc0000001. On the other hand, when I use the latest Intel driver without BSOD, I get Error 10 (network driver can't start) and  I also get a kernel-pnp error for oem5.inf for service Netwtw06. But oem0.inf, oem29.inf and oem30.inf seem okay. I have no idea what these oem files do.

    My PC uses AMD64. Does this mean I shouldn't be trying to use an Intel driver? (I have no understanding of computers!)

    Sorry for my bad sentences but I struggle to use this forum because the typing area frequently disappears from view (every few seconds) and the screen jumps unexpectedly. Am I the only one with this problem? I'm typing on a Pixel android phone. It takes me half an hour to type a simple message! It's exhausting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-22T20:33:48+00:00

    I am not wise with the use of this forum, but I appreciate all the effort and sharing of the participants.  I have the same issue (Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, What Failed: Netwtw06.sys [didn't stay on screen long enough, but I was able to snap a picture with my phone on subsequent occurrences]).

    I have a Microsoft Support Subscription, but the support staff apparently is not familiar with this issue.  I suppose there is no central repository for System Failures and recommended solutions.

    First support person "cleaned my machine" and "removed some unneeded files" and said to call back if the error reoccurs.  

    My machine is a Lenovo Yoga, Model 81C3, Intel Core I5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHZ 1.80 GHz, Installed RAM 8.00 GB, (7.82 GB Usable), System Type 64-bit OS, x64 based processor, 212 GB Solid State Disk) 2 years old and the new owner of Lenovo says it is unsupported.  (What a crime! Shouldn't they be required to support for 6-10 years?)

    On second call to Windows Support, we reinstalled Windows via what I think was a "Reset." Apparently, there was no "Restore Point."  (Not 100% clear about that, but not important right now.)

    That went well, but the next day, the system failed again, repeatedly. Giving my support rep credit, he arranged to call me back the next day to check on me. Using my other laptop, we then proceeded to download the Win 10 64 Bit Op Sys on a 16 GB thumb drive and we used it to reinstall the OS.  (My personal files were retained, but my third party Apps will have to be reinstalled.)  I've since reinstalled some Apps and the system is working, but has failed a couple of times in the past 2 days.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'm thinking about calling Support again, but I decided to research via the Community.  Appears I'm not the only one with the issue and its not just Lenovo laptops.

    I'm going to wait another day and see how it goes.  It sounds like the driver update is the solution.  Sounds like I need the Intel drivers.  I'll research that, more.

    If Netwtwsys06.sys is the culprit, why can't if be made to give more meaningful diagnostics?

    Why doesn't Windows Support know about this issue?

    If there is a Central Repository, why isn't it public?  I'll try to post again in a week.

    ---Follow up 3/22/2020 4:32 CDT 

    While I was editing this on my "old" HP Laptop, the Lenovo Yoga had another BSoD. (Same issue)

    I followed the instructions to Update my WiFi driver as described by MrsDan1667 and I expect to have resolved the issue.  Thanks to MrsDan1667 and SpiritX MS MVP (Rob Brown).

    Yours, CMACALA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments