Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Anonymous
2019-09-02T04:53:47+00:00

My ASUS laptop downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates (on August 31) after which my laptop crashes within 5-10 minutes of use. The stop code error message I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys.

I collected my system information and DMP files here:

Log files from system crash

Can anyone help me?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-09-02T05:09:27+00:00

Hi,

NOTE : ALL with needing to update Netwtw06.sys should be sure to end up with version or later 21.80.2 (Avoid version 21.70.0 which can cause BSOD issues). The method below is the way to update to the latest version of Netwtw06.sys.

BugCheck 50, {ffffc8d37d50d700, 2, fffff8077cef27f3, 2}

Probably caused by : Netwtw06.sys ( Netwtw06+2f27f3 )

Netwtw06.sys is the Intel WiFi driver so first try updating that.

Intel Driver and Support Assistant <-- run this after checking with System/Motherboard Maker

http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support/detect?redirector\_count=1&

Intel Download Center

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Intel - Support

http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support

Intel - Forums

https://forums.intel.com/s/?language=en_US

Let me know if that helps,

Rob

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-14T04:46:16+00:00

    Hi Rob,

    Here is the link to the MSINFO and dmp files.  

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgqbAavUACsRczkw-rNofD-NsUU?e=PY1cpt

    I have tried many things to fix this and still get the BSOD with netwtw06.sys error at least hourly.

    Could you please assist.

    Thank you,

    Tom

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-07T04:57:32+00:00

    Hi Rob,

    I am very inexperienced with computer lingo and my computer is having these same issues so how do I update Netwtw06.sys or do the Bug Check thing you referenced?

    Please reply as soon as you can, as my computer does this when I'm working on projects etc. and I always forget to save my work.

    Thanks,

    Emma

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-06T15:24:42+00:00

    Hi,

    BugCheck 50, {ffffc8d37d50d700, 2, fffff8077cef27f3, 2}

    Probably caused by : Netwtw06.sys ( Netwtw06+2f27f3 )

    Netwtw06.sys is the Intel WiFi driver so first try updating that.

    Intel Driver and Support Assistant <-- run this after checking with System/Motherboard Maker

    http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support/detect?redirector\_count=1&

    Intel Download Center

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

    Intel - Support

    http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support

    Intel - Forums

    https://forums.intel.com/s/?language=en_US

    Let me know if that helps,

    Rob

    I tried the downloads but they will not install.  Each install failed.

    I finally fixed it after 6 weeks by reinstalling Windows 10 and updating my Intel wireless driver to 21.80.2. I was shocked and disappointed to read in the readme notes for the previous version 21.70.0 that it causes BSOD. So that was my problem. Intel wasted 6 weeks of my life and almost had me throwing out my 18 month old computer. Very unhappy!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-05T22:16:05+00:00

    Hi,

    BugCheck 50, {ffffc8d37d50d700, 2, fffff8077cef27f3, 2}

    Probably caused by : Netwtw06.sys ( Netwtw06+2f27f3 )

    Netwtw06.sys is the Intel WiFi driver so first try updating that.

    Intel Driver and Support Assistant <-- run this after checking with System/Motherboard Maker

    http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support/detect?redirector\_count=1&

    Intel Download Center

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

    Intel - Support

    http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support

    Intel - Forums

    https://forums.intel.com/s/?language=en_US

    Let me know if that helps,

    Rob

    I tried the downloads but they will not install.  Each install failed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments