Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Anonymous
2019-09-02T04:53:47+00:00

My ASUS laptop downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates (on August 31) after which my laptop crashes within 5-10 minutes of use. The stop code error message I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys.

I collected my system information and DMP files here:

Log files from system crash

Can anyone help me?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-09-02T05:09:27+00:00

Hi,

NOTE : ALL with needing to update Netwtw06.sys should be sure to end up with version or later 21.80.2 (Avoid version 21.70.0 which can cause BSOD issues). The method below is the way to update to the latest version of Netwtw06.sys.

BugCheck 50, {ffffc8d37d50d700, 2, fffff8077cef27f3, 2}

Probably caused by : Netwtw06.sys ( Netwtw06+2f27f3 )

Netwtw06.sys is the Intel WiFi driver so first try updating that.

Intel Driver and Support Assistant <-- run this after checking with System/Motherboard Maker

http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support/detect?redirector\_count=1&

Intel Download Center

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Intel - Support

http://www.intel.com/p/en\_US/support

Intel - Forums

https://forums.intel.com/s/?language=en_US

Let me know if that helps,

Rob

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-22T14:14:09+00:00

    I'm not sure. Im just a work at home mom that was frustrated with the blue screen netwtw05sys failure every few minutes for several months. I just started googling trying to get it resolved and so far 24hours with no crashes.

    Id say if your getting error 10 then google that. Whatever error you're getting just google that with either resolved or fixed (windows 10 error 10 resolved or something like that). I found a youtube from Asa Technical and it worked for updating my DCH driver, then I was still having the same error and because of this thread I knew it had to be a wifi driver issue so I googled something about windows 10 wifi driver update and followed the instructions that made the most logical sense to me. I also 'accidentally' updated my bluetooth driver thinking it was the wifi driver until I realized what I did. So essentially updating those 3 drivers (DCH, Wifi, and Bluetooth) worked for me. 

    Just keep googling the errors and driver updates that apply is all the advice I have. Im sorry! I'm not a technical person, was just simply frustrated with the error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-22T02:00:50+00:00

    Hi! I have the exact same problem currently. Same errors and everything. I've tried to do everything this thread tells you to do, but unfortunately, none of it works. I have tried updating it through Intel, which doesn't work. I've manually uninstalled and reinstalled the (new) version of the Intel Wifi Driver and nothing works. It is still listed as last updated 4/25/2018 and my computer continues to give me blue screens. This exact issue happened 6 months ago during the time of this thread, September 2019, but I took it to a professional. He fixed it, but only for a short time as I am again having issues. Any amount of help would be great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-28T01:04:21+00:00

    I have the same problem but except I don't use anything from intel on my pc what do I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-02T05:18:00+00:00

    Did you click above on "Log files from system crash"? That link works for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments