My bluetooth adapter doesn't work properly

Anonymous
2019-08-28T23:04:55+00:00

I'm using Windows 10, and when I try to pair with my DS4 it simply doesn't work. In devices and printers list it shows up as a bluetooth headset and is named just "dongle". In its properties it's said that its manufacturer is KOGA. Apparently it's something about drivers? But I don't know, help!

EDIT: For anyone who may have the problem that I did, I used BlueSoleil to pair my controller and used a program called "World of Joysticks", the xinput emulator one to use it as an xbox 360 controller. Before pairing the controller, make sure you turn off the dualshock 4 support on big picture mode settings, otherwise the computer won't utilize the "xbox 360" controller. Then you just use the standard settings for a dualshock 4 on the app and you're good to go! Thank you very much Greg for all the support you provided me, if it wasn't for you I would not fix this at all!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Greg Carmack 24,780 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2019-09-02T15:19:52+00:00

Glad to hear it, Socram.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Also when ready please mark the post which helped most as the Answer, to help others.  A rating is also appreciated.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-30T23:58:51+00:00

    I had already tried all of these options and none of them worked :( but I've already been able to pair through bluesoleil, my problem now is that my computer does not recognize it as a controller

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Greg Carmack 24,780 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2019-08-30T23:46:52+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-30T23:31:29+00:00

    Did you try both drivers?  Are the Bluetooth drivers started in Dev Mgr?  Can you pair and connect?

    If not try the steps in my first post to try to force the adapter to work. 

    by both drivers you mean microsoft's driver and csr? if yes, I did try both drivers. They are started in device manager. No, I cannot, when I try to it says I inserted the incorrect pin (when trying to pair my controller) with my phone, it says something about disconnecting, and the other phone it pairs after some time and I'm even able to transfer files. I installed the trial version of Bluesoleil and it paired to my controller just fine, but I couldn't use it, it wasn't recognized by the computer, but in device manager, under Human Interface Devices a new device would appear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-30T21:42:41+00:00

    I thought it was 5 because when I downloaded the drivers there was also a BTD MINI 4, so I thought you were referring to that, not to the bluetooth version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments